Garbage Picking find (PC333 dust hose)

Jim Mattheiss

Hello: It's bulk pickup time near where I live and found a winner!

If you take the suction hose from a Bissel Carpet cleaner and cut the hand tool off just beyond the hose end, you have a 7 foot long flexible hose that fits snugly onto the little stub on the sander and the other end fits snugly into the "Shop Vac" adaptor.

It's much more flexible than the 2 1/2" Ridgid Shop Vac hose I was using up till that point. It looks like a 1 1/4", but the Shop Vac suction is fine.

The best part - it was within my budget!

Cheers

Excuse me if I posted this in the wrong place, I'm new here and learning my way around.

Jim Mattheiss

Hello: It's bulk pickup time near where I live and found a winner! Hi Jim, always exciting to hear of a find/adaptation especially when they work like yours has !

If you take the suction hose from a Bissel Carpet cleaner and cut the hand tool off just beyond the hose end, you have a 7 foot long flexible hose that fits snugly onto the little stub on the sander and the other end fits snugly into the "Shop Vac" adaptor. You have got to be happy with that
find. :thumb:

It's much more flexible than the 2 1/2" Ridgid Shop Vac hose I was using up till that point. It looks like a 1 1/4", but the Shop Vac suction is fine.

The best part - it was within my budget!:thumb:

Cheers

Excuse me if I posted this in the wrong place, I'm new here and learning my way around. Welcome to the "Family" Jim, you are letting us into your life, thanks, and don't worry about being in the wrong place, just keep post the things you want to share.:D

Jim Mattheiss
You have done good...:D :D
Keep you eyes open, never know what is coming up next.:)
Shaz

Nice find, and good tip. I could use something like that, so I'll start keeping my eyes open.

At one of my previous houses, I lived just off the main drag through town, and had a few homeless guys that frequented the neighborhood. Seems like I could leave anything I wanted to get rid of on the curb, and it'd be gone by the next morning. The curb became known as Homeless Depot. :p

BTW, welcome to the forum. :wave:

Good deal! :thumb: As my 5 year old tells me - "Reuse, Reduce, Recycle" (quoting Bob the Builder). Of course my shop could be called "Junk, garbage and other people's garbage!:D

Wes