Crash, bang, boom

Rennie Heuer

Staff member
Well, almost. I was working on the computer last week and it locked up. I waited a few min for it to find its senses, and then came the dreaded blue screen. An attempt at restarting only produced a disk read error notice. The hard drive was fried.

I purchased a new hybrid 1T drive and had the local geek squad do the install, OS, and testing. It's back home, but Carbonite is telling me it will take another 2 days to restore all my data - I began the process on Saturday.

Just letting you all know that I've not been active for a reason. Posting from the phone is ok, but not my preference.

Last edited:
Good to hear you had it backed up. I think it took about 5 days to restore to my new laptop from carbonite, initial backup on the old one took 32 days to finish.

Woo hoo! Just checked my Carbonite status and I'm at 93% with 6 hours to go! That means the back up will have taken 4 days. Then I can start loading software. I think it's time to get redundant and buy an on site storage device like a network drive. Maybe even do a mirror as well as a data backup?

Like you, I just returned from the temporary death of my computer.
I used to use a back-up cloud service (not Carbonite) and dropped it. Belive I will resubscribe once I remember the name of the company.