How crazy can life get!!!

Carol Reed

In Memoriam
My 'on the road' guardian angel decided a little excitement was in order. 52 miles north of Kingman, Arizona, two wheels and tires decided to part company with one of my trailers. Snapped all ten studs. MH pulled it down the road for a mile to get to a place to pull off, and it didn't even grunt while doing it! 5 hour delay to get back on the road again and of course, the roadside service policy didn't cover this. Pricey tow when there are only wheels on one side of the trailer. Pretty fancy tow truck, (but as big as the one Larry & and I enjoyed on the way to Brent's last June.) Flat bed, tilting, extending, winching. Took him an hour to load it and he really looked like he had done this before. Fascinating! But expensive. Note to self, look into different roadside service policy. Insurance company said it was covered but they sub contract the roadside service and those people said nope. I don't think I am done with them yet - if you get my drift.

Trailer is in storage in Kingman. Have to resolve that issue next week. Looking for another trailer.

Mother's memorial service is delayed because cremations take weeks. Not enough crematoriums and too much regulation of them. Family coming in from around the country but nobody really knows when. I really need some quiet time to process this, but that, too, is on the wait list.

AND, stress is getting to me. Tummy revolted today. Sighhhh......

Then today my SS check is in question - right after my last day of employment. Sheesh!

Not a good way to begin my sabbatical.

Carol,

I know it does not help, however I keep thinking of you.

Maybe I should stop thinking about how I wish life would smooth down for you and give you an easy ride. Maybe I'm a jinx.

I don't dare think I can say, "Enjoy" after reading this thread.
JimB

Clarification! It was not the Putter Palace! It was an older cargo trailer I was using as storage. I had no 'work' in this trailer. If it were the Putter Palace, I'd really be crying in my beer - and that is a terrible thing to do to perfectly good beer.

And I have finally arrived in Cottonwood. Got in at midnight Monday night. Spent the day shuttling trailers into storage and getting my driver back to the airport in Phoenix. Thirteen hour day and 400 miles driven today. Maybe tomorrow not so much.

Glad to hear you overcame all the curveballs and got to Cottonwood. I hope you can get some quality relaxation and reflection time soon. Until then (or heck, even after then), know that you've got a boatload of people pulling for you.

Wow, Not the kind of excitement I would have hoped for! Just glad everything seems to be moving in the right direction!

Sideways off into the desert was not my idea of the right direction, Brent! :rofl: Anyone ever hear of snapping off 10 lugs nuts at one time? :eek:

Well, Carol, you certainly don't deserve all that's happened, but you're strong enough to overcome. Remember, you've got the ultimate Boss!!!

Yikes!! This may be God's way of saying (big booming voice) "Slow Down Little One!". Glad your Angel kept you in one piece!

I once had two snap off, and the others elongated the stud holes. I was able to keep going by putting the spare on with the two studs that weren't seriously damaged. The problem was improper tightening by the shade tree mechanic who had worked on my brakes. I'd have sued him, but he didn't have any money.

I once had two snap off, and the others elongated the stud holes. I was able to keep going by putting the spare on with the two studs that weren't seriously damaged. The problem was improper tightening by the shade tree mechanic who had worked on my brakes. I'd have sued him, but he didn't have any money.

Too tight or too loose?

I have a feeling I err on too tight.

Well, your avatar still has a smile...so things can't be all that bad. Cottonwood sounds like a nice restful place for you to regroup. In a couple of weeks it will all seem funny....or not. :) :)