Breaking Bad Fans?

Vaughn McMillan

Administrator
Staff member
Although I've not watched a single episode, Albuquerque has been caught up in a Breaking Bad frenzy for the two years I've been here. Of course the frenzy came to its peak this past weekend with the series finale. This showed up in the Albuquerque Journal this morning.

Spoiler Alert: If you haven't watched the final show and don't want to know how it ends, don't click on the picture.

Walter White Obit.jpg

Ha!! That's funny! Personally...I'm waiting for Walking Dead in a week...Zombies rock...meth sucks!!;) This of course is JMHO...but it's real!!!:rofl:

Jim, it's been kind of interesting listening to some of the debates among the locals about the show. Some think it was a bad thing, as if it was promoting meth use. Others pointed out that it was a good example of why meth use is a bad thing. And of course some are not happy about ABQ being associated as a "meth town", while others are glad to see all the local landmarks on TV. All in all, it has been good for the local economy. (The state of NM Film Office has been pretty active in recruiting TV and film shoots here. There's even a very large studio/sound stage here in town.)

at dinner tonight, funny you mentioned breaking bad, my son told me hes giving me a copy of every season so I can watch it from the start(I just finished all the sopranos episodes)
I never watched breaking bad, but he told me if I watch it from the start, Ill enjoy it, so Im going to give it a shot.

Allen, at some point I'm going to have to watch the whole series. I've heard a lot of people say it's among the best TV series ever made. I need to see what all the hoopla is about. (Plus, I'll recognize all the location shots.)