Like I need another hole in my head!

With nothing to do, I have been critically reading the craigslist lists! Look what I found! http://fortwayne.craigslist.org/grd/4071565953.html
I offered to trade him a 1/4 of a beef he pays the processing. He claims he needs the cash for a knee replacement. I told him based on what I learn next Thursday, I will let him know if he has a standing offer of $500.00 for the pair. A four up plowing could be a reality. Anyone want to buy a nice mule? Or a nice Hackney mare? Or a buckskin gelding or an appaloosa gelding? :eek::huh::eek:

he mentioned registering them, do you have to register all of your livestock or just horses?

What he is stating Allen is they are not registered. Which means they are like a heinz 57 dog (a mutt). In some circles, registration papers makes an animal more valuable. For me, like my friends, I don't care their heritage, color of skin or religion. My horses, as long as they are honest in their behaviors and work ethic, they stay around here. My Fjords are registered mares, I did not change them into my name. They will die on this place unless I die first then it is up to my family to decide what to do with them. If I am told Thursday they can fix my problem or it isn't the big deal the other doctor says it is, I can find homes for a couple of my horses and would take a chance on them to increase my farming capabilities next year. (kind of like having duals for a tractor or a spare tire for your car) If I host a family gathering on my farm next year, not saying all of you weigh a lot, but,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, having another capable team would be handy!

horses and would take a chance on them to increase my farming capabilities next year. (kind of like having duals for a tractor or a spare tire for your car) If I host a family gathering on my farm next year, not saying all of you weigh a lot, but,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, having another capable team would be handy!

Did Jonathan just offer to host a gathering next year?:D

I'm not a big horse fan but I have always wanted a Haflinger team I think they are about the nicest looken horse's around. But the reality is I got burned out on horses when I was younger. Grandpa made me ride and break the Shetlands for team horses and I got to hatting horses those things were just plane trouble. :rolleyes:

I'm not a big horse fan but I have always wanted a Haflinger team I think they are about the nicest looken horse's around. But the reality is I got burned out on horses when I was younger. Grandpa made me ride and break the Shetlands for team horses and I got to hatting horses those things were just plane trouble. :rolleyes:

Yeah but my dad made me into a pretty good bronc rider breaking ponies for him to sell!!!

A childhood friend of mine would get rid of anything that couldn't throw him now and then. The two critters he kept the longest were a Tennessee walking horse and a Shetland pony!

The ponies look well rounded but I see a lot of mud and standing water they are living in from the looks of things. If you go look at them bring a hoof knife. 'Course you know that.

Good luck on the medical side, read that thread and deleted a post. My advice doesn't match what I do too often! I have to try a grocery run this morning. Left a full cart at the check-out last week, building fence and running a tractor eight or ten hours a day is a bit outside my limitations. Now I am out of food and drink, got to try to buy necessities, diet coke and cheese to go with my whine!

Hu