Yahoo mail users what do you think of the new layout

Rob Keeble

Seems to me the "corporate design by committee or Public relations company" software industry is running out of value adding ideas.

I dont like change just for the sake of it, I aint a person that changes my hairstyle every other week or needs to have the latest fashion in clothing, and i am getting tired of the learning to jump over little hurdles these developers keep putting in the path of using a tool.

Just imagine every 6 months some fairy enters your shop and changes where the switches and adjustments are on your tools and machines and while at it messes up your storage.

I am all for improvement in functionality but make sure its a value add and not just cosmetic change. Kinda like the Supermarkets that keep on re arranging the isle layout so they get you to look at things you supposedly did not see before.

I am still trying to get used to the new Office 2010 menu layout and seriously considering changing back to good old previous version i have. I would love to see a survey of how many people use some of the truly advanced features versus the everyday basics. Making a menu just to force us to try them well it has not managed to change me.

Must be getting old. :( or rather tired of being an experimental guinea pig. Yeah maybe that would be a good "Twitter" line # yahoo guinea pig :rofl:

Remember names like HotBot, Excite, Web-Crawler, Lycos, Galaxy? I worked on the network for the company that built the cache-farm innovations that Yahoo purchased about the time that they became "the" search engine for folks just discovering the "Information Superhighway". A few years later Yahoo blinked and lost their edge and never have rally recovered being relegated to the number two position. Having been involved since the early 80's I hardly notice these changes anymore. They are just one more subtle variation in the texture of the landscape. After three decades in this biz I must finally be getting jaded. :D

Last edited:
My bad I have to apologize for my own stupidity . Changed browser and the whole interface changed back to the way I had it. Hope this stays the way it is now. :eek::eek:

Have you logged out back in on that browser? I've got the new theme, tabs are missing across the top. I really don't care all that much, I quit using it for my daily mail several years ago and only use that account for signing up for stuff or signing up on other forums and sites that require a registration. It's kind of my "Spam" email account and keeps all that crud out of my real email.

Rob, I after I got used to it, I like the Office 2010 layout better than the previous versions. There was indeed some learning curve, but now that I'm used to it, I prefer it.

And Yahoo mail? I don't think I've looked at Yahoo mail since the 1990s. :D That's about the time I started using my own hosted accounts for email. ;)

Themes designs are very nice and specially the matching color schemes with theme. But I noticed that its little slow in loading. I think the should work on it to make this new version more light and easy to load.