Let There Be Lights

Nate Davey

We don't have an Ikea in Albuquerque, so one of our club members, while visiting his kids in Denver, picked up 150 of them and brought them back to the club. I need to make a magnetic base for one more to mount on the front of the lathe.
1395018_3515349617767_507735113_n.jpg

Cool! :thumb: Looking forward to seeing how they look in person before too long.

And a three-ring goblet? :rolleyes: That's just showing off, man. :rofl:

It's a "commissioned" piece for good friends priest. Thought the 3 rings made sense. Need to have it engraved next then fill the engraving with ebony dust

I have three of those lights in the shop. Did some creative modifications and mounted them on my chop saw, scroll saw, and bandsaw. Also, my wife uses several of them in her sewing studio.

Those look great! Would anyone have a link to that particluar light on ikea's website? Sometimes trying to find something without a name or part number on there is impossible! Thanks!

BTW, that goblet looks nice too! :thumb:

Those look great! Would anyone have a link to that particluar light on ikea's website? Sometimes trying to find something without a name or part number on there is impossible! Thanks!...

Try this link.

When they first came out - several years ago - they were only about eight bucks. That's why I have so many of them.