big night for me

Having had a mother, sister, and a very close friend as artists, I know a little bit of what you are going through. Just read Glenn's post again.

The very best to YOU and to your show.

Your work is beautiful and really full of feeling---the animals are alive and they make a person feel what they feel!

Enjoy,
JimB

Last edited:
What a great evening. About 100 people made their way through the show. Most attention was given to the Raccoon and Pelicans with the Black wolf/aspen tree and Bob cat following close behind. But over all it seemed to be a very enjoyable show for all.

No sales but that not why I paint. I am finding I love these receptions. Now that's the artist in me. Now me at all LOL

Thanks for all the positive thoughts and wishes.

If your in Gaithersburg and get a chance to drop by the Kentland Mansion stop and and take a look. The show runs through the 6th of Dec.

Glad to hear it was a success Dave, that Racoon is a special picture, its also an animal people can relate to and your picture puts a nice cute shine on the pesky animal.

Had a couple of run ins with a Racoon this past weekend while camping, he came trying to get into some boxes at 3 am. Tried 3 times on the third go he ended up with a piece of cherry hitting him on the head :D....don't know where that came from ;) but he never came back after that.

Good to hear they going to run the show to Dec that gives it time to border the Thanksgiving period in the USA. :thumb: Sales will come just need the exposure. Keep at it.

Dave congratulations. I would be in line to buy the wolf picture, money just isn't available for it. Sorry, you don't have a cheap friend here, just a broke one! I do have a goal to have a signed, framed painting from you hanging in my house someday. Your work is more than art, it is life captured in a nanosecond. I can see the movement leading up to the picture and know the movement that happened after the picture. Your work is beyond my imagination. Good luck on your show my friend.

Congratulations, in my opinion you are not just an artist, you are an exceptional artist. You probably didn't sell one on the first showing because, like me, how does a person pick one? I love them all.