long drive

Frank Fusco

In a little while I will be picking up a teen age girl and her father to drive them to the Shrine Children's Hospital in St. Louis. This will be an overnight trip and a tiring drive each way. However, transporting children to the hospital is a big part of what my local Shrine Club does. We have our own mini-van and get a discount rate at a local motel. Our own discomforts are forgotten when we see what the hospital does for the kids who get treatment there. This particular patient was born with a very serious degree of spina bifida. She probably would have spent a fairly short life immobile if it weren't for the Shrine Hospital.
If anybody here knows of a child who can benefit from Shrine hospital care, primarily orthopedics, just ask any Shriner for help. If you don't know one, just ask me, I'll get the process started.
Did I mention??? There is no charge to the family.

Thanks all. It is not just me, but Shriners everywhere who help the kids. I am very proud to wear the 'funny' hat we call a fez.
If any of you ever get a chance to tour a Srhine hospital, I promise it will be a very memorable experience at several levels.
Don't forget, if you know of any child you believe might benefit from Shrine hospital services, just contact any Shriner to get the kid enrolled. If you don't one, contact me, I'll get the ball rolling.