More Interesting Furniture

Dave Richards

Here's some more pieces I found.

IMG_8529_l.jpg

Edward Wormley Bench Made in 1948. 7' 3" long.

_V3A2753_l.jpg

"TL2" Table by Franco Albini for Poggi, manufactured in Italy in 1950. 5' 11" long.

935314_l.jpg

Charles Rohlfs Hall Chair 1901

Definitely interesting. The Wormley bench looks like it would be too fragile to use. (I'm sure it's not...just looks that way.)

I really like the first one. Kind of like a ladies deacon bench. the second piece reminds me of an ironing board. The hall chair looks incredibly uncomfortable. Kind of like my "time out" chair when I was a kid :rolleyes:

The Wormley bench has some nice lines that break the severity that a piece like that can have.

The Albini table looks like a design that can fool you with its not-so-apparent strength.

I agree with Bob about the chair, although I didn't have an official "time out" chair - wouldn't have been able to sit for a while anyway! :)

Glad you all liked at least some of those pieces. That table does look a bit like an ironing board but i think it would make a good table for a small apartment. i could see a modification of it to a coffee table maybe with a glass top.

That Rohlf's hall chair seems typical of hall chairs of the period. Unwelcoming as a sitting place except maybe to tie your shoes but a prime place to hang coats and stack books.