Tomorrow this time, surgery

I debated with myself over posting this, decided I could use the good thoughts and prayers of my online family.
Tomorrow at this time I will be at the hospital doing the pre-op deal. Went to Indianapolis, Methodist Hospital Tuesday and the vascular surgeon there immediately felt the bottom of my right arm in my arm pit area and said, "yep, feel the anurysm (sp?) ((how the heck is this word spelled?:huh:)) so below in your elbow or wrist we should find a clot". So he walked me to the ultra sound area, the two ladies there were quite thorough with the blood pressure cuff at bicep and both forearms, probably spent a half hour on my right arm from my neck to my wrist taking pictures, my legs taking pictures then drawing on me:doh:, then the doc came in and had her go from neck to wrist and they talked in their professional jargon. Long story short, the anuyrism is collecting blood like a pot hole collects debris then when I really do something extreme or like hammering it loosens and sends this junk down my arm like a pothole spews mud and debris when your car tire hits it. So, tomorrow by 7 am I will be in the operating room being cut and they will do a bypass for the shoulder's anyrism (I feel like Larry spelling this darn word! :thumb:). So they will take a vein out of my leg for this as a bypass means they will cut on both sides of the problem, remove it, replace it with a good vein in my leg. That is three hours. Then at the elbow, if they can remove the blockage and there is minimal scarring, I am good to go. If they can't remove it or do remove it and to much scarring, another bypass which equals another three hours :eek:, like I'll know!:rofl:, at least I hope I don't know at the time!:eek:. ICU then until Saturday and then in the hospital for 2-5 days depending on healing. 4-6 weeks home healing before entering the dirty shop environments. Don't know how long until I can start splitting wood again. Told to quit shooting shotguns with that shoulder as it is right where my shotgun "taps" me. Guess I could have started this week's Friday thread :doh::eek::eek::huh::rofl:. So, until I get coherent and can get my ipad to work in the hospital, this is Jon signing off, it has been a great run and pray I am typing to you all Saturday or Sunday sometime. :wave::wave::wave::wave::wave::wave::wave::wave::wave::wave::wave::wave::wave::wave::wave::wave::wave:.

Great they found the problem and you going to get it fixed:thumb: Look forward to hear from you after all is done:) And of course my best thoughts are with you:)

Heal well!!!

Best of luck.

The body has amazing healing powers.

I bet and hope, in a month you will be back to 98% of normal. 100% soon after that!!!

Good thoughts comin' at ya Jonathan. Rough as it is, try to follow orders. There's worse things to give up than shotguns; pistols are fun to shoot too ;). Heal well and heal quick.

Will keep u in my thoughts and prayers and wish for a speedy recovery. Please dont be like another friend of mine that wont take docs orders.

What i am glad about is that u followed thru and listened to ur body and the docs found it. At least they know what they dealing with.
Best of luck and speedy recovery my friend.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

Good thoughts on the way from IA! Take care of yourself, and listen to the docs.:thumb:

Maybe Larry can give you some pointers on using a bow instead of your shotgun! :)

Thoughts and prayers sent your way from your tomorrow, I live in your future! :D

I remember when I had my cancer surgery, the estimated recovery times seemed like such a long haul, and at times it was a bit tedious, but this too shall pass. I'm sure you will be back at it doing what you do before you know it, this time next year all you will have to show for it is some cool scars and a good story!

About the shotgun, maybe you should change to a 20 gauge? :eek:

Best wishes and prayers, Jonathan. It's good they found it, because a burst aneurysm is really bad news. This is routine surgery any more, and I'm sure your doctors will be well practised at it. Get well, and enjoy the rest! BTW, it's a-n-e-u-r-y-s-m. :D