Friday!

Carol Reed

In Memoriam
A real weekend for me! Today is cleaning up some paper work, making meatloaf for dinner, working on the Putter Palace a bit. Saturday is an expo in Mesa and Sunday is church as a parishioner and a nap. Next Monday is my Mom's service and then a three day retreat. Now, that was good timing.

What are you all doing?

Friday: Doing a little landscape work, for a change - cooler weather makes it nicer! Also doing a bit on prepping parts of a nightstand for finishing.

Saturday: A bit more on the landscape, then back to the nightstand and bed project.

Sunday: Brunch, settle in for the Talladega crash...er, race. Decide what to throw on the grill. Sip on the last of my Shiner Bock.

General ranch clean up and small engine put to bed weekend. Need to make sure everything runs, and will run again in the spring.

Today some shopping at Walmart. Then getting ready for a shoot at my muzzle loading club. Sat. will be at muzzle loading shoot with my club. Looking forward to meeting an e-friend from a muzzle loading discussion forum that said he will be there.
Sunday, church then visit a bit with my daughter who is here, with her dogs, for a few days, before she heads back to Little Rock.

Need to put together yet another cutting board for a wedding next weekend, hope no more boards for a while...then do a tune up on my wife's car, hate changing spark plugs on transverse mounted V8 motors:( Sunday weather permitting, go on a color tour:)

Antique auto show in our town has been one of the biggest for 5 decades. Then maybe either a ride with friends to Western Md or the Eastern Shore Sunday but maybe none of the above , maybe dove shooting this weekend or painting. Just got to roll with what comes me at the moment this weekend.

Tonight I need to go home and do a cleaning on the pool and shock it, but plan on closing it this weekend, probably on Sunday.

Have new flooring to pickup for the downstairs tomorrow.

Also going to work on getting the drawer fronts and hardware installed on the dresser. Finish up the sanding on the walls, and install the dresser this weekend, then do any touch-ups and paint. Will also be cutting the top to size to install. Hopefully that project will be mostly done this weekend.

Tonight I've got my choice of two or three different bands to go see locally...probably drop in on at least two of them.

Saturday I'm considering going camping overnight. I might head south to Elephant Butte Lake for OctHobieFest, a Hobie Cat regatta that a couple of friends will be at, or I might head north to the Jemez mountains for a solo car camping trip in the semi-high (8000-9000 feet) country. Gonna be cold in either location, but at least in the Jemez I'll be able to find tons of firewood.

Sometime this weekend I should also probably drain the swamp cooler on my apartment and get it buttoned up for the winter. I also need to round up the final bits for a costume. We're playing a Halloween/Dia de los Muertos party at a local pub on November 1st, and all of us in the band are doing the costume thing. (Expect to see pics in a couple of weeks.) ;)

I just 'wrapped' payroll for my job site, a couple of hours 'later' than I wanted, but it was one of those 'up to my rear in alligators' kind of day up until about half an hour ago. Other than the potential for a weekend, I really don't like Fridays at my job right now. On the shop front, I'm going to finish closing in the shop tomorrow, and order the insulation for at the store delivery next weekend. (I'll strap it to the roof of the Escape and bring it the last 8 miles.

carol-I stopped eating meatloaf until my wife took one of Ina's recipes(I believe that's her name, she has a TV cooking show ) and now its my favorite meal.

Friday, wow, its Friday already?
just painting, painting, painting, cleaning, cleaning, cleaning, and sunday, I get to watch the Jets lose again, and Monday night, I put a bag on my head and watch the Giants play.

short week ahead, headed down to florida for a family reunion, not this family, my brother and sisters and all the spouses and children.

I hate meat loaf. My Mother made the worst ever and made me eat it:gonnagetit:My wife made it for me once 30 years ago and has never made it again.

Going to a Masonic open house Saturday morning. I'm thinking about affiliating with this local lodge because mine is 2 hours away and I haven't been in 20 years :eek:
Then off to my grand daughter Abby's soccer game and then to Massachusetts for a grandson's birthday party.

Sunday church then back down to Massachusetts for a memorial walk for my father in law. The wife and I will probably stop for supper at our old favorite Italian restaurants for dinner on the way home.

...sunday, I get to watch the Jets lose again, and Monday night, I put a bag on my head and watch the Giants play...

Actual photo of Allen being interviewed by the local media:

paper20bag20head-11.jpg

Finished 5 mid-terms in 5 days. Attitude is headed south and so is my ability to focus for more than an hour. Back at the homework.

Ahhh Meat loaf. My mom made the worst. Hated it. Now I've got a few recipes I make from time to time. Great stuff. Makes better sandwiches!

My mom's meatloaf is one of the few I actually like. Rather than breadcrumbs she used Rice Krispy's, so I guess you could consider it gluten free as well...that is until you use the leftovers on a sandwich. :)