new ts motor

Frank Fusco

I'm not really satisfied with the new 3 hp 220 v. motor I put on my table saw recently. Want more power.
So, I'm going to install one of these. It is the motor from a Tesla S model all electric car. Only 9" in diameter, about the same as most shop motors. But it is 416 hp and bunches of torque. Should do the job. :rolleyes:

Tesla motor.jpg

:rolleyes: :thumb: :D

So roughly 310,211 watts. That's 1,410 amps at 220.. or 650 amps at 480. I think you'll need to upgrade the transformer coming from the power company a little unless you already have a small substation :p I suppose with a large enough battery bank you can run it for some time period.. I'd also look at reinforcing the trunnions a little :eek:

Actually begs a good question as to what the no load draw is on it, I'm betting fairly low... so until you start trying to cut 6" thick ironwood in one pass you wouldn't draw all 416HP in one jump anyway.

Hmmm Frank the clown add a small rubber tire & tip it upside down add a bicycle seat & presto Frank the clown has an electric unicycle. Don't forget the Fez with the propeller on top. Frank you the only one's got a fez with a propeller on top!!

http://www.maxilyrics.com/ray-stevens-shriner's-convention-lyrics-a0ca.html

All kidding aside the Shriner's are a great bunch of guys.

Thanks, that's funny. Yes, we like to have fun but how the hospitals came about is, as they say......the rest of the story.