I Really Expected Better From Incra

Paul Douglass

Started putting together my new little jig for my router table tonight, and right off the bat, it is missing one screw and washer and a carriage bolt! Come on! This is Incra. Okay I had a screw, and the carriage bolt, haven't found a thin enough washer yet, but I will, but this is Incra?! :mad::pullhair:

I'm looking at the box to see if it says "Made In China"!

I'd call them up tomorrow and have them send you the missing parts. Even if you found replacements, they should still make it right.

Every Incra product I've ever bought I ended up with more nuts, bolts and assorted whosiwhatis than I could figure out how to use.

I'm with Vaughn, Give them a call, that doesn't sound right.

Every Incra product I've ever bought I ended up with more nuts, bolts and assorted whosiwhatis than I could figure out how to use.

Ditto on that, always extra parts, call them, I'd bet Vaughn's newest guitar that they will FedEx you the missing parts!

I also agree. Even though you don't need the parts, it is in everyone's interest that they be made aware of the mistake.

Another 'ditto' here. They pack enough hardware so you don't have to go looking for anything. When I had a little issue with the plastic insert the carriage rides on in the base of my new TS system, they sent me two at no charge just in case I messed up one of them.

The replies in this thread have brought me to this logical conclusion:

Incra puts extra parts in 4 out of 5 packages. They make up for it by shorting Package #5. Unfortunately, Paul got Package #5. :D

I emailed Incra to let them know about the missing item. Got an email back this afternoon from them with a nice apology and stating that since I already had the parts they were not going to send them to me but they added $10 credit to my account. I think the is very fair deal for a screw, washer and a carriage bolt! That and my points with them is making that box joint jig closer to being obtainable!

Stuart, does the mean Vaught owes me a guitar!!!

I emailed Incra to let them know about the missing item. Got an email back this afternoon from them with a nice apology and stating that since I already had the parts they were not going to send them to me but they added $10 credit to my account. I think the is very fair deal for a screw, washer and a carriage bolt! That and my points with them is making that box joint jig closer to being obtainable!

Stuart, does the mean Vaught owes me a guitar!!!

Good to hear they made it right to your satisfaction!

About the guitar, I think that Vaughn is still trying to decide which one to send you :D

Sending me a guitar would certainly be a waste of a guitar. When I was a kid I took lessons on a guitar for a while. From two different instructors. After several months of lessons from each, they both agreed that maybe I could learn to play a radio!:doh::eek:

I'm the same way, I played defensive line on my high school football team, and I broke all of my fingers at some point and dislocated both of my thumbs, I cannot play the guitar!