Just checking in...

John Pollman

Hi all!

Just checking in again. I haven't been around here much lately. I've been having health issues myself and a good deal of my online time has been over on FB where I have a couple different support groups that are trying to help me through some pretty tough times. The physical aspects of Tay-Sachs are taking their toll and appear to be progressing faster than I had hoped. But they've stabilized a little bit recently and I haven't noticed much of a decline in a while. But unfortunately, they say that 30-50% of LOTS patients can experience pretty severe psychological issues. That's a pretty sizable portion in any situation, but especially since my disease is so rare and there are so few cases, it's a pretty scary thought.

Last week was a very tough one and I had one day that just about pushed me over the edge. I feel like I just about had a complete meltdown. It didn't help matters that I was already pretty sick and feeling miserable. A couple days after my near meltdown, I saw my doctor to try and start feeling better. I told her what had gone on a couple days prior and she immediately wrote me a prescription for a pretty heavy duty anti-depressant. I've been on it for almost a week and now I'm battling some side effects from it. But it takes a couple weeks to absorb and stabilize in my system. I'm hoping that in the long run it will help get me through some very stressful times.

This has been the most difficult thing I have ever gone through and I'm trying to find a way to put my life back together and move forward. I'll figure it out one way or another. I'll check back in now and then to see what's up. I haven't had much shop time lately due to my mood. But hopefully I'll be able to get back into the shop soon. When I do, I'll post the results.

Take care and thank you for all of the support you've all shown me in the past. It is greatly appreciated!

Hang in there, John. I can only imagine the thoughts and concerns that are going through your head, but just take it one day at a time. You've been dealt a crappy hand indeed, but that doesn't necessarily prevent you from playing it out wisely (and still taking home some winnings). ;)

Be strong John. It's easy to say, but true.... ya gotta fight the meltdowns and I hope the new meds give you some relief. You know we are all pulling for you and wishing you the best.

Hang in there John we all rooting for you. My best recommendation is try keep busy so as to keep your mind from dwelling on the same issues.
Hows that decal cutter of yours doing, how about cutting some decals in prep for Xmas presents. That's something you could do at a table no?

Maybe you could cut some and use them to raise some cash for one of the help groups. Not creative enough to give you an idea of what to cut out but I figure you can come up with that from what you showed us when last I asked about decal cutting.

Keep in touch.

Must be something with the name John/Jon!!??!! Ya know, all the good jokes start with "Little Johnny,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,," for a reason!!!! You hang in there buddy. Rely on those doctors and don't feel a bit guilty about what ever type of help is needed. This Jon has been solid in your corner praying for you. Keep on keeping on John.