Smart Phone Stand - Quick Christmas Gift Idea

glenn bradley

My Christmas gift to the forum. You would be hard pressed to find a quicker, easier thing to make. I was sorting some scrap when I had an ah-ha moment that I am sure is not original.

Cut out on the tablesaw and cut the slot just undersized. Plane smooth (also makes slot fit snug) and chamfer edges.

Phone Stand (2).jpg . Phone Stand (1).jpg

Slide together and PRESTO! A phone stand.

Phone Stand (3).jpg . Phone Stand (4).jpg

The first one went from "ah-ha" to pictures in about 20 minutes. You could probably make two at a time ;-)

Phone Stand.jpg

Last edited:
Something similar has been on my to-do list. I've always had a phone dock by the bedside and thought I might make one for my current one. Looks like your design may do the trick...Thanks! :thumb:

FWIW, I shortened the bottom piece by 1" to get a little more tilt. Oh, I also found out you can make them three at a time without much ado.

Very clever Glenn. But it needs a few mods.....place for charger to be connected. ;)

Its the one thing that concerns me about giving up my Atrix, it came with a really great docking station with built in charging connector and even the hdmi output connector. Lately have not seen phones that have these accessories other than the apple range.

I guess it would be easy to knock up something like this in wood as a substitute. Block of wood and a router bit would do it.

Motorola-Atrix-4G-Dock-Station.jpg

248076-motorola-atrix-4g-docking-station.jpg