Friday once again

Planning on finishing the painting around the dresser built-in, then have a halloween party. Will be closing the pool this weekend. May start some of the demo on the basement and investigating the wiring situation of the wall I plan to open up.

Saturday morning I'm headed out to the shooting range for a tactical shooting instruction/practice session. It's being taught by an old friend who's a self-defense/firearms instructor (among other things). I hadn't seen him in a couple of decades, but we ran into each other recently and he invited me to attend his monthly training session. Should be fun. I used to be his "bad guy" in the "Self-defense for Ladies" classes he used to teach. He's a lot smaller than me, but he could fling me around like a rag doll.

The rest of the weekend looks like it'll be pretty unremarkable, although I never know what might come up. ;)

Meeting up with some friends for a few cold ones before they go to a Rascal Flatts show. The wife and I will retire to the firepit at our house when they head to the concert. Saturday and Sunday are wide open at this point, but I do have some stuff to work on in the shop.

Grand daughter Abby's last soccer game in the morning then off to look at a couple of non tool CL finds. Sat night the wife is baby sitting at one of my daughters house so I'll be a bachelor. Sunday is Church and shop time

LOML and I returned home this afternoon from a trip to the Birmingham, AL area visit her mother. It's only a five-hour drive one way, so it's an easy trip but we're sure glad to be back home!

Saturday should include plenty of shop time to work on two cremation urns as well as sanding and sealing on panels for a nightstand for our guest room.

Sunday is planned as a total chill-out day.

Liftin and totin and organizing the storage in the shipping container we've got.

Perfect weather for it.

The Friday monster jaunt to Kingman and back is complete. 5 AM to 8 PM. Saturday is veg day. I am bushed. Sunday is church and nap.

The weather is going to suck this weekend, so Saturday I'm going to hole up in my office at the church where I am Treasurer and get all the clerical stuff up to date that has been neglected over the summer. A ton of filing and some government reports. Sunday we are going to a birthday in London, Ont.

Doing a lot of on line research on garage building. Checked with zoning and codes compliance today and got steered in the right direction. Looks like I can do a 28' x 40' detached garage with no problems. If I add a full bath it will require a special use permit:) Off to Lowe's tomorrow to pick up some of their 20% off insulation to beef up the attic. I can't do the whole thing, but figure that every little bit will help.

Saturday helping at new shooter orientation and setting up for IDPA match on Sunday.

Sunday - shooting and SO'ing IDPA match. Will be shooting one handed only for whole match due to some left shoulder surgery that still needs a little healing time. Shoulder is fine just want a little more time before I let recoil jerk it around.