Tetra Pens

Steve Kniffen

A couple of weeks ago, I posted a message about Tetra Pens that have become my new favorite pen. They're sold by Berea, Beartooth, and Arizona Silhouettes and possibly others. They have a new woven stylus that's more accurate than the rubber ones. They are turned on an 8.2mm tube and use a Parker refill. They turn slightly larger than a Slimline and slightly smaller than a Cigar pen. Size can vary, as you'll see, based on material and how you prefer them to look. So here are some of mine, let me know what you think.

View attachment 79071View attachment 79072View attachment 79073View attachment 79074
The green one was grabbed by my wife immediately.

Second is Thuya burl. This is mine. No finish on it so it won't lose the sweet smell

Honduran Mahogany for a gift.

Tulipwood for a gift.

Steve

Last edited:
Nice pens. I agree they are close to the European pens. I see by your avatar you fly or flew F- 16's, Thank you for your service. My son has been flying F-18 Superhornets for many years. He's almost at retirement.

Steve, beautiful pens indeed. I just got an ipad this year. Made for my principal a stylus last year and repaired the rubber tip once. So are they also more durable than the rubber tip? I am going to check Ernie's site after typing this. Sounds like a good inbetween pen project for my students.