Nice Visit

The two cute people in the photo are Emiko Ablett and Jenny Plesums. Since it was pouring rain when we arrived, I can attest that their dryer works very well, and I temporarily fit in Stuart's sweat pants. And a wonderful time was had by all, including a tour of the Dungeon.

Ablett2013.jpg

Excellent! I'd jump at the chance to go to Tokyo to see Stu and Emiko. (I've got other friends there I'd like to see as well.) :thumb:

good visit for sure chartlie,, you finally got your tickets straightened out huh:)

I didn't think anyone remembered but us... you have a great memory, Larry.

The last time we were scheduled to go to Japan, they had a little Earthquake, Tsunami, and Reactor Melt down. Radiation was not an issue, but the trains were not running on schedule, and the stores were not being restocked, etc., so Stu and Emiko suggested we not come. We finally got a refund on those tickets.

We have been looking for a big bargain ever since, and finally decided to go despite the lack of a bargain like the first. (This was my 4th trip to Japan, 3rd to Tokyo, and the 3rd-2nd for Jenny, and we were anxious to go again). This time they had a Typhoon while we were enroute, so our plane was delayed in landing, and the train from the airport to the city took 3 hours rather than the usual 1 hour. Fortunately the typhoon had passed, so no problems beyond the delay arriving. Until Sunday, when we went to meet the Abletts - it was pouring rain and we got soaked walking from the subway to their home. Stu said I brought bad luck to Tokyo - I reminded him that my first several trips were fine - it wasn't bad luck until we were scheduled to meet him!

They are folks of great intelligence, kindness, and humor as seen on the forum, but even more so in person.