First Urn

Paul Douglass

My first urn. It is for my Daughter's cat ashes, her request. My wife saw it and now wants one for our first dog we had. His ashes have been in a coffee can for 30+ years!
This one is around 3" square. Mahogany with a cherry stain and then waxed with Dr. Workshop wax rubbed on and then buffed.

IMG_1831.jpg

IMG_1836.jpg

Very nice Paul :thumb: I've got to make one for my German Shepards ashes. It's been about 3 years. Your design looks great. I'll copy it if you don't mind.

Certainly, copy away, but I must confess, you said my design, that imply I knew what it was going to look like when I started, but I rarely do when I start something, I just play it as I go. That is probably why my scrap wood pile is so big!

Thanks for the nice comments everyone.

I would say that's a winner. Can see the benefit of the new router table in it.:thumb:

Actually all the router work was done on my old top and fence and the box joints were cut on my table saw using my homemade box joint jig. The next one I'm going to try some dovetail joints and that will be done on my new set up. I did some routing on the new table last night when I put together a right angle jig. It really was nice and the dust collection with the Incra plate inserts is great!