Sounds kinda suspicious to me...

Don Baer

Staff member
The phone rings.....ring ring

I Answer "Hello"
long pause then a voice on the other end of the line says in a broken english accent "Hello sir, I am calling you from the vindows technical department"
I respond "well what is it you want"
he repeats him self
my response is "well I did not call you our computer are running find and besides how do I really know you are from windos, I would expect if we had called me you would know my name"
Noresponse
"Also if you were calling regarding windows wouldn't you have said you worked for Microsoft"

Click

be very careful out there.

Boy there are a lot of scamers out there. My son listed his Harley on craigslist and the first few days he must have received 10 text messages from people wanting to buy it. They wanted is Paypal address so they could immediately transfer the money to his account. Had a guy on the way to pick it up. The first one he was real excited, called me and said I sold my bike in 30 minutes. However the guy would not talk to my son on the phone, just text messages. Not a question about the bike or the price. I told my son it sounded suspicious to better check it out. Sure enough he found a warning on Paypal about the scam. they send him a fake message, that looks like Paypal sent it saying the money is transferred. Someone picks up the merchandize and there is no money in the Paypal account.

I don't even listen to all the calls I get asking for donations. How do I know who they are?

The way we handle calls is not to answer the phone if we don't recognize the number. If it turns out to be someone we know, they will leave a message. If not, we didn't want to talk with them anyway.

My wife took one of these calls a few months ago and started doing what they wanted. She got confused and told them they would have to call back when her computer expert husband got home.

Click

Followed a firm but nicely worded lesson on scamers

Haa Haa great to have a non technical wife who confuses the scamers.

Had the same experience a few weeks ago with the "Windows" scammer. The Windows & the FBI scams are currently the (2) biggest scams going on throughout the country. Microsoft will not call you unless they are responding to a call you made to them.

The way we handle calls is not to answer the phone if we don't recognize the number. If it turns out to be someone we know, they will leave a message. If not, we didn't want to talk with them anyway.

this is the correct way to handle the phones today.
don't recognize, let the machine take it, solicitors and scammers hang up.

LOL :rofl::rofl::rofl: Just got another Vindows call just now, they don't quit do they?

Got one yesterday. Heavily accented (non-specific origin). I accused the caller of being a scammer, and said that Microsoft doesn't call users directly. He got very verbally abusive - even mentioned doing something with Mom...before I hung up on him.

Got one yesterday. Heavily accented (non-specific origin). I accused the caller of being a scammer, and said that Microsoft doesn't call users directly. He got very verbally abusive - even mentioned doing something with Mom...before I hung up on him.

C'mon, Jim...cut the guy some slack. Being a slimeball dirtbag scambucket is a high-stress occupation. The poor guy was probably just having a rough day. :rofl:

My phone has a list that is getting long. I set the number as Trash and when it shows up I either answer it =and hold is over the toilet bowl and flush or just hang it up or just set it down while I work.......... I really need to get one of them air horns.