Veneer hand saw

Rob Keeble

Saw this veneer handsaw for the first time and thought i would share it here for those that might cut veneer and not have seen it before.

http://www.toolsforworkingwood.com/store/item/GT-VSAW.XX

To me it looks really great. I am thinking that this design looks like it would be better to use than the traditional handle type veneer saw. Just thinking being able to keep it steady against an edge and cut as is shown in the video would provide more control? ?? dunno anyone with experience able to comment?

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

I have not had enough experience with it yet to comment in a lot of detail, but it seems to work as shown. I bought it with an project in mind, but the project got delayed and I have only "played" with it. I am impressed with how stout the saw is and the overall quality of it. I am happy with the purchase...no regrets.

The following link is to Patrick Edwards blog where he had good comments on the saw. It was this recommendation that pushed me in my purchase.

Last edited:
It looks like a good tool, but I'll keep using my razor knife for most of my veneer cuts. I also have a handle type veneer saw that's good for some of the more brittle types of veneer.

Has anyone tried this on leather? It looks as though it would work well for this application. I have a few large sheets of #5 one side finished leather & it appears this tool(s) would work well for cutting trim lacing.

Has anyone tried this on leather? It looks as though it would work well for this application. I have a few large sheets of #5 one side finished leather & it appears this tool(s) would work well for cutting trim lacing.

It would probably work on dry raw hide, but don't think that it wouldn't work very well on leather, to soft it would just pull it around.