The Rumors are True

Vaughn McMillan

Administrator
Staff member
You may have heard rumors that I'm a little strange. Well, I'm here to tell you that they are true. As I mentioned Friday, our band played at a Dia de Los Muertos (Day of the Dead) party on Friday. I also hit a couple of Halloween parties Thursday night. (Took second place in the costume contest at one of them.) I've never really gone to much trouble for my Halloween costumes, but Mike, the other guitarist in the band is very gung-ho about dressing up, so I decided to go with the flow this year. It also helps that I pretty much have no shame. :D

Here's the band lineup from Friday night:

Dia%20de%20Los%20Muertos%202013%20LAH%20%2026%20-%20800.jpg

Here's Mike and his scythe guitar. (I guess you could say he was playing a mean axe that night.):

Dia%20de%20Los%20Muertos%202013%20LAH%20%2022%20-%20800.jpg

Jeff, the Zombie Rocker:

Dia%20de%20Los%20Muertos%202013%20LAH%20%2009%20-%20600.jpg

Donnie in his mask. (He didn't wear the mask while playing. He also didn't have to spend 30 minutes in the shower at 1:30 AM trying to wash the black makeup from his eyes.):

Donnie%20-%20Patti%20-%20600.jpg

Some ugly blonde girl acting all matronly and stuff:

Dia%20de%20Los%20Muertos%202013%20LAH%20%2038%20-%20600.jpg

And the same ugly blonde girl with a not-so-ugly blonde girl (my pal Amy) at one of the parties Halloween night:

Amy%20and%20Me%20T%20-%20800.jpg

And for the record, you DO get funny looks from people if you're a 50-something year old man trying on bras in the lingerie aisle at Walmart. (I learned that I'm a 44C, BTW.) :rofl:

Is that wearing the bra on your chest or on your back? :rofl::D

Truth be told, I started with a pair of foam falsies glued to a t-shirt, but they just looked too small for my frame. So I bought a padded bra and stuffed the gap between the foam and the bra with tissue. The D cups were a bit too much, so I dialed it back a bit and went with C cups. It must have been the right combination, because the girls couldn't keep their hands off of 'em. (No photos here, being a family site and all, but you can find plenty evidence of the "squeezably soft" aspect on Facebook.) :D

not looking to go off thread here, but I had over 400 kids trick or treat this year.
word got out.
It was pretty amazing to see the work and effort people put into making costumes.
I closed and locked my doors around 8:15, never sure if the little criminals start to come out, so I play it safe.