Anyone Looking For a New Bike?

Paul Douglass

I mean, if I had lots and lots of money.. Young people won't understand but the man was my idol when I was young.

http://www.foxnews.com/leisure/2013...idson-heads-to-auction-block/?intcmp=features

I made my kids sit down with me and watch "Bullet" with me once when they were visiting. I told them is was one of the most exciting shows ever made. They could hardly sit through it, by the standards of the shows in their current day, it seemed awful tame to them.:(

No man can eat 50 eggs..

But if you have enough scratch you might be able to ride on the motorcycle of the man who did.

Way outside my pay grade, but a cool piece of history for sure.

I made my kids sit down with me and watch "Bullet" with me once when they were visiting. I told them is was one of the most exciting shows ever made. They could hardly sit through it, by the standards of the shows in their current day, it seemed awful tame to them.:(

I saw Bullitt again not too long ago and thought that the movie was still great. It may not be as exciting as movies nowadays, but the writing and acting was very good. I was surprised. Many movies do not age well, but the ones that do tend to be great.

I mean, if I had lots and lots of money.. Young people won't understand but the man was my idol when I was young.

http://www.foxnews.com/leisure/2013...idson-heads-to-auction-block/?intcmp=features

Paul, my dad sat my brother and I down to watch all the Bond movies when we were young. I still love them, the old ones anyways...He did the same with a couple other movies, Bullit and other McQueen movies were some of them. I haven't seen it in years, but will be renting it this weekend and will give it a shot having my daughter next to me when I watch it.

I'll sit and watch "Bullet" with you... one of my all time favorite movies... loved the sound the Charger and the Mustang make when they rev up.... I was living in the Bay Area when that movie was being shot... one of the scenes was right in front of my supervisor's home and he called in sick that day to sit in his living room window and watch the chase scene as it went down his street. I was working for TWA at the time at the SFO airport... but the shot the airport scenes at another terminal and on my days off and at night.

Thanks for posting the pictures. Okay, I had never heard of a Puch before. I had to look it up on the internet. I don't know why I've never heard of it before, they have been around a long time. I immediately that they the two Puchs were Hondas.

Puch were sold in Canada and the USA as Sears or Allstate motorcycles, much like Sears Craftsman vacs and radial arm saws were made by Emerson. The DS60 was sold as Allstate Compact, and the 250 SGS was more familiarly known as a 'twingle' (suggest a Wiki lookup on that unusual twin-single engine). Travel distance from BMW (Munich) to Puch (Styer, Austria) is only 160 miles so the collection is somewhat related. The 250 is much more suited to twisty mountain roads than slab (only 16hp but 17ft-lb torque).

I took my M-license on the DS60 n 1970. Guy writes Honda on the test sheet! :rofl: :bang::bang:

Very cool, Ed. :thumb:

Thanks Vaughn.

BTW, all 3 are roadworthy, insured, and plated. That 'family bike pic' is the result of me taking all of them for a ride around the neighbourhood on my 60th. :wave: