new here from tennessee

steve coleman

Hi all i am steve from tennessee. Have always enjoyed working with wood but life kind of got in the way, but now at age 57 life is kind of backing off a bit and my desire to work with wood is still there. So i may be asking questions of you guys and gals in the future on some of my projects and hopefully i can contribute some things as well.. glad to be here!!!

Welcome to the family Steve. If you would fill out your location in your profile, one of us might be quite close to you and with this family a visit happens quite often. Share some of your past projects or what interests you, we are pretty varied here and even though I am the shy/quiet type :rolleyes: you will always get ideas and suggestions when you ask for them. :thumb:

Welcome Steve. We like photos around here so feel free to post up your projects. There are all levels of experienced woodworkers here. So no one is above of below the rest.

Welcome to the clubhouse, Steve. You're in good company. A lot of us got into serious woodworking midway through life, when the time and the money became available to do it. :thumb:

Hello Steve,
Greetings from the Old Dominion ( Virginia). My name is Paul and I can sympathize with you about making the time to do wood working but the past past 30 years has been hectic because of being in the Military. Now that I am free as I say it, I am starting to get back into woodworking. I would certainly appreciate any advice, suggestions or just sharing your experiences with tools and woodworking that may help me with my enjoyment of the Labor of Love as I call it. I am currently working on a kitchen table for my friends making it out of hard maple. I am starting out new as I feel because I have not done much with woodworking since high school 30 years ago. Thank you for your time. God Bless you and your family with a wonderful Thanksgiving!!!

Hi Paul and welcome to the family. Having spent a few years in uniform, I can sympathize. You might not get the warm response you deserve since your post is on a welcome thread started by Steve that many have already responded to and may not revisit. Let me encourage you to start a separate thread to say hi to the group and update your personal profile with your location. You might find some members close by.