Good deal or not

Despite the single speed the 'true parallel' arm action makes these saws a real treat. If that is the 14" model (their other models are variable speed) as it appears they are about $750 new. Still a worthwhile little guy and I agree that the price is either a mistake or you should already have that machine in your shop ;-)

Bob,
"Sounds & Looks" like a great deal. However, some things to consider:
Stated as "Working Condition" - but what does this really mean?
Availability of parts & service?
Availability of blades?

If the above are satisfactory to you, then:

• German manufacture,
  • Fairly clean - can be sandblasted & painted,
  • Some rust - zoom in to see close-up,
  • Apparently reasonably maintained,
  • CI body,
  • Base welded to stand,
  • Documentation,
  • Blades,

Hesitate & you lose. Certainly worth a first hand look.
If you buy it & don't like it, you can always sell it, probably at a profit!

Compare:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/321255186763?lpid=82

Last edited:
If you didn't respond the first 30 minutes, odds are at that price the seller received 6 dozen responses before you.
If its in good shape, he sold it by the third buyer.(if it wasn't a scam one way or another)

I just checked the CL site & found this.[h=2]"This posting has been deleted by its author." I hate it when you find something you really want to buy on CL & the seller doesn't return the email, his only form of communication.[/h]Sorry to hear this Bob, you tried! What else can you do?

some people don't understand that posting a legit ad on CL with a good price, the response can be overwhelming.
I once posted with some boogie boards, for free, I received 60 responses within 45 minutes.
It was nice that he at least deleted the ad so people knew it was gone.
In all my CL ads, I put in I will only respond to first 3 emails, and if it isn't sold, I will respond to next 3 or delete the ad if sold.