It's Friday! What's on your plate?

Templates! Our WW club makes simple wheeled toys for the Shriners each year - 641 last year! - so I'll be cutting out templates for a bunch of 2x4 cars and planes this weekend. I'll also be cutting some templates for another project, but I can't yet say what it is.

What's on my plate? NASCAR withdrawal, that's what!!! After nearly nine months of some great racing, now we have a drought of nearly three months! What's a feller to do??? Yeah, I can always make more sawdust but I do plenty of that anyway.

Now to the good stuff:

I've been working on some red oak panels that will be used on the queen size platform bed I'm making for our guest room, soon to be ready for the finish process.

Also, I should be able to finish the cremation urn I've been building for our neighbor - photos to come when done.

Working on personal estate issues to get the trust formed. LOTS of paperwork! Getting ready for Albuquerque next week. Planning the logistics of the next move next month. Drying jerky. Yeast buns rising. Freezing chili and roast beef. No woodworking. Generator still in the shop for repairs. Rain today and this weekend, so staying in and having soup. After the buns bake, maybe some pumpkin bread or applesauce bread.

Ten pound pork butt in the smoker will be ready about eight tonight. Will take in West Side Story at Chrysler Hall in Norfolk tomorrow. In between, it's attic time as I continue to install an extra layer of R30 wherever I can get to. I figure even if I can't add a layer to the entire attic every little bit will reduce total heat loss/gain.

My mom turns 67 tomorrow so out to lunch with the parents and my sisters family. Having the other side of the family over for soup tomorrow night. Painting, painting and more painting on Sunday, before and after the Packers game anyway.

Gonna go see two or three local bands tonight...talking to a couple people about maybe forming one of our own. (Many of the musicians I know here play in multiple bands...I figure I could too if the right personnel is available.)

Saturday I'm hoping to beat the blizzard and get out to Nate Davey's place for some lathe time. :thumb: We've got a bowl to finish up from the last time I went out to visit him.

Sunday I'll probably just hunker down and hang at the apartment...we've got a major storm headed our way.

I'll also be spending some time with my furry girlfriend. I'm pet sitting all weekend for some friends who own Mokoga, the largest Malamute I've even met. She's 140 pounds and loves me like crazy. :D

Mokoga%20Kiss%20600.jpg

not sure, since I busted my only small bandsaw blade yesterday in the middle of a run for 20 bandsaw reindeer, I started a small end table today. Might work on it a bit tomorrow, sunday is all football.
No real plans, gotta a big week coming up, thanksgivingkah. relatives coming in, a huge feast Thursday here, more relatives coming to visit the relatives who are visiting me , so the party will continue until next Saturday. then well throw most of them out, they are my wifes cousins, so who cares.

not sure, since I busted my only small bandsaw blade yesterday in the middle of a run for 20 bandsaw reindeer, I started a small end table today. Might work on it a bit tomorrow, sunday is all football.
No real plans, gotta a big week coming up, thanksgivingkah. relatives coming in, a huge feast Thursday here, more relatives coming to visit the relatives who are visiting me , so the party will continue until next Saturday. then well throw most of them out, they are my wifes cousins, so who cares.

Please tell me that your Thanksgivingkah will have Menurkey :D

Work in the shop building my new out feed/downdraft sanding table. I got the main pieces cut yesterday and am going to assemble today and get the metal sub-frame cut and welded.

Started to reply to this yesterday, but worky-work had different ideas and kept me busy all day long. Took my wife to dinner last night, then came home and watched some Kennedy documentaries. It's only 23 out this morning, so probably won't be doing much shop time, but also have to take the Jeep for it's first oil change. While it's at the dealer, I'll probably do some shopping (maybe stop by HF). Tomorrow isn't going to be any warmer, so will probably do some work on the sun room and finish removing areas of drywall to run speaker wire and electriks for the living room project.