Okay Fess up! How Many Could Not Resist Building One Of These?

Paul Douglass

After watch the video on an earlier post today about pirated wood working plans, I had to go see the guy's site. Wonder if he is related to Dave Ramsey? Anyway, I was looking at what plans he had and this one just struck me a fun build and a good gag Christmas gift for some of my relatives. So I have made a pattern and have two cut out ready to sand.

http://www.woodworkingformeremortals.com/2013/09/make-marshmallow-crossbow.html

This is going to be fun!

I was going to make some for my niece's kids, but thought of shooting the eye out thing and decided against it. She has 4 pretty rambunctious boys, I know they would get themselves in trouble. The would eat the marshmallows and and go straight to rocks or marbles for ammo.

Today I was at the store with my lovely wife, and I picked up a bag of miniature marshmallows. "How did you know those were on my shopping list?' says she. "Well, ah, I didn't" says I, "But I may make some fudge for the holidays :rolleyes:"
"oh", she replays. Hee hee hee :cool:

Mine are all cut out, the bow part is epoxied to the body, a little sanding and finish applied and time to start tying them up. Not sure what I am going to use for the stretch-ie part yet.

Okay, mine are as far as I can go. I ordered the thermaband (?) this morning because I couldn't find anything like it locally. But here they are. Very quick and fun build.

IMG_1865.jpg

Just hope they work.

Well the joke is on me. For some reason when I went to order the Tera-band for my crossbows, I kept reading it was 6 inches. Not being sure that would be enough for two I ordered two pieces of the stuff. Now I have 2 6 foot pieces of it! Got enough to make a dozen or two of the crossbows!!! Guess everyone will be getting one and some slingshots thrown in!

IMG_1881.jpg

Last edited: