Meet Maddy, or Shania, or Piper, or,,,

Paul Douglass

We took the step and have a new family member coming. My wife has been so depressed since Sid pasted, that I kinda talked her into it. But she is really excited now. We pick this little gal up on Dec. 12. She is a standard poodle. I also talked my wife into this size because I prefer larger dogs and they seem to me to be more robust. My wife doesn't even realize I talked her into it, she thinks it was all her idea. I'm getting good at it after 46 years of marriage. Thanks Jim for your input and answers to my question. If it doesn't go well, I have someone to blame :rolleyes::D

2013-11-22 (9).jpg

Course, Alex, my Doberman is not real happy, he liked being an only child.

Last edited:
Aww, What a cutie pie! Congrats!

Standard poodles, in my opinion, are a great dog. I'm so happy for you guys!

My Standard Schnauzer is SHANA (no 'i'). And the Standard Poodle is isabelle, AKA "Izzy." Right now (4½ months old) she's in that stage where she does know her name, but refuses to respond to it...

She's just discovered what fun it is to chase squirrels and rabbits, and completely obsesses when she sees one in the yard (There are nearly always half a dozen fox squirrels out there), bouncing at the door and ringing her 'go out' bells until we relent.

Ahh, you're in for a real treat soon, Paul! :rofl: :rofl: :D

DSCN1021.jpg

BTW, I refuse to take the blame. That whole 'puppy thing' was entirely your idea! I just provided a bit of encouragement... :D

Last edited:
My Standard Schnauzer is SHANA (no 'i'). And the Standard Poodle is isabelle, AKA "Izzy." Right now (4½ months old) she's in that stage where she does know her name, but refuses to respond to it...

She's just discovered what fun it is to chase squirrels and rabbits, and completely obsesses when she sees one in the yard (There are nearly always half a dozen fox squirrels out there), bouncing at the door and ringing her 'go out' bells until we relent.

Ahh, you're in for a real treat soon, Paul! :rofl: :rofl: :D

View attachment 79520

BTW, I refuse to take the blame. That whole 'puppy thing' was entirely your idea! I just provided a bit of encouragement... :D

Our little poodle was a real squirrel getter. Would go up a tree after them if he could jump to the first branch. I saw him get a squirrel once and he had it so quick I couldn't even call him off. My brave Dobie will chase them and bark at them but if they stop, he goes the other way!