need a new circular saw

Paul Downes

This past fall I managed to kill my dewalt circular saw. Something to do with cutting 1/4" steel plate (kind of overheated the motor.) Looking to get a new one and wonder if anyone noticed some awesome black Friday sales.

Looking for a new steel plate? :rofl: Sorry, couldn't resist. Paul Douglas listed some great sales in a thread he originated today, but don't recall if they included any circular saws.

Another :thumb: for CPO Reconditioned Tools. I've bought a number tools from them and have had no issues with any of them. Especially for things like a circular saw that only gets occasional use, buying reconditioned makes good sense to me. If I was a pro and relying on my tools top put food on the table, then buying new might make sense to get a longer warranty. But for us weekend warriors, the money saved is often worth the shortened warranty.

I can count on one hand the number of times I've fired up the circular saw I bought 6 or 7 years ago. Why I bought a new saw for that is beyond me. (OK, it was on sale, but still.) :doh: