Anyone else's...

Darren Wright

Administrator
Staff member
bones and joints ache just thinking about putting down this flooring. ;)

2013-12-05 11.29.50.jpg

I at least had them deliver it downstairs where it will go. I still need to remove the carpet in the downstairs, will be a couple of weeks before I move forward on this with our son visiting and the holidays approaching.

Yep!

One of the best decisions I made when laying our new floor was a stand for the miter saw close to where I was laying it. Having it at the proper height was huge as was not having to walk to far for each cut (granted I didn't get there until I was already a room in, slow learner).

That and buying some really cheap blades I could just toss without feeling bad, the trim covers the ends anyway and that prefinished flooring is murder on saw blades!

Also FYI a fencing tool works real well for pulling staples from where the flooring pad was. If its glued down well, you have my sympathies!!

Get the big bottle of ibuprofren at Costco.....

Comes in the brown bottle, right?

yhst-43357575186341_2267_565404342

so what is that floor darren? wood or that pinco laminate stuff?

I'm curious too. From the short length of the boxes I'm guessing laminate... but then again I *have* seen boxes in Costco that are short like that but actual real hardwood (or bamboo)
No wait, the stuff on top looks like the pad for under laminate. So I'm back to guessing laminate. :)

ps: Laminate is quicker than hardwood, at least. Position, click, tap on the end, next....

Not my idea of a good time. My wife would love to see me hurting though as long as it was from doing something like that. Still got to get going on my basement, almost run completely out of excuses!

bones and joints ache just thinking about putting down this flooring. ;)

View attachment 79676

I at least had them deliver it downstairs where it will go. I still need to remove the carpet in the downstairs, will be a couple of weeks before I move forward on this with our son visiting and the holidays approaching.

You know your son is much younger than you and maybe more agile... with Dad leading and directing, he should be able to get that down in a day or two.... and as the lead and director, you wouldn't have to get down... you could L & D from your easy chair. :D:D

I can get down to put the stuff on the floor, it's the getting up again that is getting more and more difficult.

so what is that floor darren? wood or that pinco laminate stuff?
It's laminate, looks pretty real, has a few lighter colors that what we used upstair, but in the same style. Got a heck of a deal at $1.79 per sq ft for 12mm stuff, normally around $4.14, but has taken 3 months to get it.

2013-12-05 20.16.46.jpg2013-12-05 20.18.24.jpg

This is the upstairs floor.
2013-12-05 20.20.38.jpg
...and who's decision was it to do this task????? :huh:
You honestly think I would come up with this idea on my own? ;)

i'll take that over all the shingles I've been laying any day.:)
Depends on the pitch of the roof for me. :)

$20 is a small price to pay for good knee pads!!
Yup, I'm also thinking about a floor saw and a 4 wheel scooter to shuffle around my butt on. :)