Being an Organ Grinder can be a tough job!

Tom Baugues

So today is our towns annual "Dickens of a Christmas" in the downtown area. Each year street performers play music or carolers sing and local actors act out a scenes from the Charles Dickens Christmas story. I did this last year and it is a well attended event by the public. I take my street organ and crank out some Christmas music and pass out little candy canes to everyone. My monkeys all have little "Santa" hats on as well. I of course am in top hat, white shirt, bow tie and long black wool coat with red scarf. I look the part and had a great time doing this last year. Now last year it was about 70 degrees on this day. Today it is currently 16 degrees. :eek:. I've never had the organ out in this kind of cold weather before so I hope it still plays well.

I have a similar event next weekend in another town about 20 miles away that has part of the "Erie Canal" in it and they also do a Christmas themed event along the canal that I signed on to do.

Well, I'm off to crank out some tunes. Hope everyone has a great day!

Enjoy yourself.! You're doing a nice thing & I'm all within range will enjoy your performance as well. Hope the monkeys don't get cranky in the cold weather. :rofl:

Very cool, Tom. :thumb: :clap:

My sister plays in a handbell choir. Needless to say, this is their busy season. I think she had four or five gigs between Friday and Sunday. :)

Well done Tom great interview in more ways than one. It must be real rewarding to see the people enjoy you and your organ being around at this time of year. I bet some kids have lifetime memories of this experience especially with video these days to keep memories alive.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2