THANK YOU MY FRIENDS

If I ramble more than usual on this post, please bear with me. If you have followed Larry you know on his visits he spent last (Saturday) night at my home. That is fun enough, but he brought unexpected gifts. There were pictures taken but have to download the pictures at school so that will be at least tomorrow before you can see me holding a painting from Dave Hawksford and a plaque from Pete Simmons and an envelope from many of you. What you will probably see in the pictures is me with a silly grin on my face because I am holding back tears. My internet family's generosity floored me last night. I feel it is so insignificant when I say, "THANK YOU MY FRIENDS". I cannot impress on you the guilty feelings these gifts created. I do not feel I have contributed to realize this generosity from all of you. I have tears running down my cheeks as I type this thank you to all of you.
Dave's painting is hanging and was hung on the living room wall last night. Will be hanging the plaque from Pete underneath it and both will always be prominently displayed in my home for the rest of my life. The financial gift, I am at a loss for words. Thank you.
As I shared with Larry last night. I at least have blood flow to my bicep so if worst case scenario happens, I will lose my hand and maybe forearm. I can handle that. When it looked like my whole arm at the shoulder was probably going to be removed, I had major concerns how I would accomplish things. On the 7th of January we will know if another surgery is needed to put a new vein in from elbow to hand is needed. Right now as the hand loses it ability to work, I just hook my thumb in my front pants pocket and let the blood accumulate back in my hand.
Your generosity towards me and my family is off the charts. Unbelievable, heart stopping, mind bending, numbing, choking, unheard of any more. Folks I cannot impress or tell you thank you enough times for making me cry, tear up, choke up, dream of the friends I have and not having met many of you. Lou and I are okay at the present with money. I told Larry I cannot commit at this time for a family gathering here at my farm. If they get this arm working, then a family gathering will take place and what Lou and I will do with this money is utilize it on the family gathering. I can see a whole hog being roasted with potatoes, sauerkraut, onions, pepper, salt and beer stuffed in it and roasted for 20 hours.
So Lou and I have plans if all works out with my arm. We will definitely keep you informed. I haven't posted about it because I figure you all don't need to hear me whine. Understand, Lou and I talked about a family gathering on our farm, but now it is going to happen, just my arm will dictate if it happens this summer or not. As soon as I know, you will know. Tomorrow or soon I will post some pictures, maybe when Larry gets home he will post his here.
Thank you Pete, Dave, Larry and all the other family members that made this happen. I cannot shout it from the mountain tops loud enough, I cannot say it enough times, I cannot say it emphatically enough, I cannot impress on each and everyone of you what feelings went through me last night when Larry gave these gifts to me. "THANK YOU MY FRIENDS", no, let me rephrase that, "THANK YOU MY INTERNET WOODWORKING FAMILY"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You have reduced this fat old man to tears again.
Jon

Jonathan, it's good to hear that you had a good visit with Larry. I knew he was in the area but was not able to meet up with him. This "family" is indeed quite special. A group of friends and strangers who all share compassion for each other and for our common intrest in our hobby.
I'm looking forward to a family gathering at your farm when ever it may happen.

This sure reinforces the fact that WE ARE FAMILY!

We wish you the very best of outcomes for your prognosis. We want you to be around in great shape for a long time to come.

Jon,
You are a great person and an inspiration to my family even though we have never met.

Your dedication to your family, your God, your country, your work with the high school kids, your eagerness to work hard all day long, and your humbleness is a character and value that is missing in so many families today.

I'm positive that all will turn out well for you.

As always my families and our congregations thoughts and prayers are with you.

Bob I can not add much to your thought.
Jon you and your family are in my prayers. I am bless to be part of the gift.
I am humbled just knowing the gift that has been given me has made a Big man tear up. God Bless ya !

well here are the pics i have, and jonathan can add to them later:) thanks for the opportunity to be the delivery guy folks, and to participate in this great gesture of thoughtfulness for a family member ..

IMG_2336.jpgIMG_2337.jpgIMG_2340.jpgIMG_2341.jpgIMG_2342.jpgIMG_2343.jpgIMG_2344.jpgIMG_2345.jpgIMG_2347.jpgIMG_2348.jpg

:thumb:
Here's to hoping for the best Jonathan, hang in there and know we're all pulling for you!

I don't reckon anyone would be expecting you to host a gathering anytime soon, so focus on getting well and don't worry about the rest of it!

Johnathan,

You, and so many others in the FWW family were there for me in my time of need. How could we not be there for you? Enjoy my friend.

What a wonderful surprise this must have been Jonathan. It has to be a comfort to know so many folks are sending positive thoughts your way and wishing you a speedy recovery. You sure can add my best wishes to the list.

Jonathan, we haven't met, but I get the sense that you are a remarkable person, if only because of the love you inspire amongst this gathering of miscreants. :D If you hold that party, I will be there. My daughter is going to Indiana just about every week because she's dating a young engineer who lives there, so I might even get a ride. Be well. I know you will face whatever happens with courage and determination.

Jonathan, we haven't met, but I get the sense that you are a remarkable person, if only because of the love you inspire amongst this gathering of miscreants. :D If you hold that party, I will be there. My daughter is going to Indiana just about every week because she's dating a young engineer who lives there, so I might even get a ride. Be well. I know you will face whatever happens with courage and determination.

hey roger i am closer than jonathan, and we got room for you and your daughter,, if you come threw port huron your gonna be right close to me.. you could stay the wknd and have her pick you up on the return trip

hey roger i am closer than jonathan, and we got room for you and your daughter,, if you come threw port huron your gonna be right close to me.. you could stay the wknd and have her pick you up on the return trip

That's a very generous thought, Larry. My daughter's friend lives in North West Indiana (I forget the town, but apparently he rents a place on an island in a lake,) and my daughter usually does the drive in about eight hours from Toronto. If that party happens when she's visiting, I might, with Larry's permission, get them to take me there, as my daughter likes to take care of me and make sure I don't eat anything foolish. Otherwise, I might do the drive myself in two stages.

Is it getting dusty in here? Dang allergies. :rolleyes:

I think Pete summed it up well when he wrote on the envelope "Jonathan, you walk/talk and live what many of us think and wish America could once again be."

And I'm moved by the generosity and caring shown by the members here, but I think we all know you would be doing the same if the tables were turned. ;)