THANK YOU MY FRIENDS

A group of friends and strangers who all share compassion for each other and for our common intrest in our hobby.
I'm looking forward to a family gathering at your farm when ever it may happen.

It is humbling. I hope my farm and family can live up to the expectations!

This sure reinforces the fact that WE ARE FAMILY!

It sure does.

Jon, You are a great person and an inspiration to my family even though we have never met. As always my families and our congregations thoughts and prayers are with you.

I wouldn't go so far as to say that Bob. I am no different than all of you. I greatly appreciate the prayers.

Jon you and your family are in my prayers. I am bless to be part of the gift.
I am humbled just knowing the gift that has been given me has made a Big man tear up. God Bless ya !

You my friend are a talented artist beyond imagination. I am humbled to have one of your works in my home. Thank you for the prayers.

well here are the pics i have, and jonathan can add to them later:) thanks for the opportunity to be the delivery guy folks, and to participate in this great gesture of thoughtfulness for a family member ..

I think the pictures are self explanatory. Thank you for the delivery Larry as well as thank you to all involved.

Jon, We're glad you're a part of our family and we're proud to be a part of yours. :wave:

Thank you.

Johnathon, we have never met , but I feel like I know you and I hope and pray that everything comes out the best for you, and I am sure it will. We are all pulling for you.

Thank you Charles. Hope to meet you in person someday.

Jon, I am wishing for the best possible outcome to all your health issues.

I cannot ask for any more, thanks Mohammad.

:thumb:I don't reckon anyone would be expecting you to host a gathering anytime soon, so focus on getting well and don't worry about the rest of it!

That is part of the reason for figuring it out in January. So if another surgery is needed, hopefully will be healed and able to start farming with my team in the spring. If that happens then a gathering will be on.

Jon, you know my thoughts so I will not add any more than this forum is some kind of special:)

Johnathan, You, and so many others in the FWW family were there for me in my time of need. How could we not be there for you? Enjoy my friend.

Thank you my friend.

Thinking of you daily. Hope the best for you.

Thank you Paul, it is greatly appreciated.

What a wonderful surprise this must have been Jonathan. It has to be a comfort to know so many folks are sending positive thoughts your way and wishing you a speedy recovery. You sure can add my best wishes to the list.

Ted it was a surprise. Thank you for the well wishes also. They are appreciated.

Jonathan, we haven't met, but I get the sense that you are a remarkable person, if only because of the love you inspire amongst this gathering of miscreants. :D If you hold that party, I will be there. My daughter is going to Indiana just about every week because she's dating a young engineer who lives there, so I might even get a ride. Be well. I know you will face whatever happens with courage and determination.

I don't know if I can live up to all of the family's expectations. Thankfully I am out for the surgery otherwise it wouldn't be faced with courage!

Get well soon Jonathan and as Dr. Bradley says...ENJOY!!:thumb:

Thank you Jeff, that is the plan!

That's a very generous thought, Larry. My daughter's friend lives in North West Indiana (I forget the town, but apparently he rents a place on an island in a lake,) and my daughter usually does the drive in about eight hours from Toronto. If that party happens when she's visiting, I might, with Larry's permission, get them to take me there, as my daughter likes to take care of me and make sure I don't eat anything foolish. Otherwise, I might do the drive myself in two stages.

NW? Have to send me a PM to see where she is going and how far it is from my house. I might be talking out of turn here Roger, but my impression of Larry's offer is if anytime this winter you are going past, let him know in advance and maybe you will stay there and allow the daughter to go on into Indiana and pick you up on the return trip.

roger, jonathan has it right :) anytime your headed this way you can stay here and let her spend time with her buddy in Indianan..and pick you up on the return trip.. i promise i wont work you to hard:)

Although we haven't met, it feels as though we have through this family of woodworking artisans. I hope to hear great news about you in the near future. My best to you for healthy future.

Hey folks, i was just the delivery guy!!!! and i also donated... but in order to keep this quiet from jonathan it was threw pm or email notification. and not everyone was notified. not on purpose, just used those who had replied to the thread and some others that were known to be close to jonathan. and we were not to mention it to others so as to keep it quiet from jonathan:)

Honestly, Nobody should feel left out.

What was done was done on behalf of all the members, and it speaks volumes as to the character of the group we have here.

I'm humbled to see this kind of fellowship from a random bunch of woodworkers hanging out in our little corner of the interwebs.

roger, jonathan has it right :) anytime your headed this way you can stay here and let her spend time with her buddy in Indianan..and pick you up on the return trip.. i promise i wont work you to hard:)

Hey Roger, you might ask Tom if they are planning on sawing logs, if so, attend at your own risk because I'll bet the "work you to hard" would happen then!!!:eek:
There are a few family members right there in Larry's neighborhood and his wife Randi is top notch all the way! Just don't let Charlie in the bedroom and get one of your socks!

Honestly, Nobody should feel left out.

What was done was done on behalf of all the members, and it speaks volumes as to the character of the group we have here.

I'm humbled to see this kind of fellowship from a random bunch of woodworkers hanging out in our little corner of the interwebs.

Oh man, I hope this isn't causing any friction. I did start this post as a thank you to all and I mean each and every word regardless if you donated or not. The intentions and actions of this forum have completely blown me away. Between the family visits, the Tour De Woods, the gatherings that have started up, this group of people here in our woodworking family are quite unique in that we (I will take a liberty here) generally are pretty private people in our personal lives (my wife and people that know me know I am a hermit). We enjoy solitude in our shops. We are comfortable in our own skin. Yet for some unknown reason other than Larry's "family visits" that created the Tour de Woods, our group has found friends and friendships that know no bounds. I know and have shaken hands and hugged people that without this forum I would never had fathomed knowing let alone sitting and talking with or imagining their friendship. Please understand, I wasn't given a list of, "here is who donated and how much so you know who likes you better!", Larry delivered the painting and some cash and I was completely at a loss. Larry can give witness, I felt unworthy. I didn't know how to take this. I love to give anything to those that need it. I greatly enjoy making things for my family and friends as I enjoy the satisfaction of their pleasure. An example would be, I relish extolling the virtues of the good teachers in our school, I think that needs to be spoken, yet if someone talks like that about me, I feel weird, weird because if I sit there and enjoy it, it might look like I am stuck on myself. I much prefer to be the person giving the gift or the praise instead of the person getting it. So please no one. Because of this, no one is left out. I believe in the power of prayer, all of your prayers are much appreciated. Visiting the forum allows me to see what others are doing. Last year with my heart and now this with my arm, let me be the first to tell you not to wait for next year or someday if there is something you want to build or do or go see, because in a blink of an eye it can become something you are not able to do.
Brent, I too am humbled beyond explanation. Thank you all for letting me in this family.

I've been out of the loop for a few days but, its all been said ;-) Glad you enjoyed the surprise and the pics are worth many a thousand words :thumb:.

I too, have been mostly off line for a few days, so am just reading through this great story for the first time.
All I can say is: Well done!
What a great thing you guys have done, and no one is more deserving of a good deed and some help than Jonathan.
I have to say though, that I'm not surprised as much when I hear of friendships and good deeds here, because that's just the kind of people you are.
Again, well done !!

A full and speedy recovery to you Jonathan.
Larry, be careful you don't grind your fingers on that thing!

I've been off for quite a while and today just found out about this great giving, I is another proof that we are a family! I think it has to do with with being infected to the marrow by certain types of wood dust.

Jonathan, I wish you get well very soon and that your recovery will be complete, these are testing times for many people, but remember that we will never be tested more than we can cope with.
Take care and enjoy your present.