last one before Santa comes and the holidays

Well, that's sure not gonna hold much soup. :rolleyes: :rofl:

I would have a hard time choosing a favorite piece of yours, Hughie, but this one would be right up there. :thumb:

Art for sure and breathtaking, showed my wife to get a non woodworkers take and she was amazed and asked ME??? how it was made. Me that can barely turn a birdsnest how the heck am i supposed to explain. lol.
Things nearly got nasty when she asked why i dont make one. lol Thats when i cracked up laughing. Its great to have a supportive wife but gets a bit silly when they dont understand your skillset and want to accept your limitations.
Do you have somewhere that i can show her how its done that you could share. I can only imagine you start with a normally turned full bowl. Is the rest hand carved or machined somehow. ? Excuse my ignorance i recall having seen bowls with spirals on them but they were still solid not anything like this.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

Art for sure and breathtaking, showed my wife to get a non woodworkers take and she was amazed and asked ME??? how it was made. Me that can barely turn a birdsnest how the heck am i supposed to explain. lol.
Things nearly got nasty when she asked why i dont make one. lol Thats when i cracked up laughing. Its great to have a supportive wife but gets a bit silly when they dont understand your skillset and want to accept your limitations.
Do you have somewhere that i can show her how its done that you could share. I can only imagine you start with a normally turned full bowl. Is the rest hand carved or machined somehow. ? Excuse my ignorance i recall having seen bowls with spirals on them but they were still solid not anything like this.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

On my signature theres a link to my Facebook page The Wooden Potter, theres some info on its progress