Flat screen cabinet

Bob Gibson

The wife wants a new cabinet for the flat screen in our family room. She had some specific design ideas that I was not too thrilled with but I'm doing it her way :bow:

My other thread titled "Stupid" will explain why I only have one door :doh:

I had a half sheet of Cherry plywood so I used that for the sides and bottom. Glued up boards for the shelf and top.
I used pocket screws for the face frame. Usually I m&t them but decided on the pocket screws for speed. The sure come in handy :thumb:

She wanted the same molding that's on top of the apron put under the top. I don't really like it but who am I to question the boss.
Using plexi glass for the door inserts. I wanted to avoid glass due to too many grandkids that throw stuff and wood panels wont let the remote infrared beam pass through.

Like Allen all I use for drilling the holes for adjustable shelves is a piece of pegboard. Works just fine for me.
With the bosses approval I added a bead on the inside of the door opening.

Only thing left now is to make a new door, finish with blo/ms/wop and install the plexi.

Shop cat is not impressed. He sits there all day long just mocking me. The only tool that bothers him is the shop vac when it accidentally sucks up his tail ;)

Thanks for looking :)

100_4543.jpg100_4545.jpg100_4555.jpg100_4547.jpg

Nice work as usual Bob.

One of these "days", like after Christmas when I can open up the the DW735 planer, I'm going to try my hand at this. Perhaps we can get together & you could give me some tips. I'll spot you lunch.