Friday Thread 12/13/2013

Vaughn McMillan

Administrator
Staff member
Another weekend is upon us. What are y'all up to this weekend?

Tonight I'm playing another gig at a local sports bar. Same place as last week...we've also booked three more Fridays there in January (plus tentatively December 27, if the other guys aren't gone skiing). Immediately after that it's a Christmas Party at a friend's house. We're doing a white elephant gift exchange, and all the gifts a have to be "As Seen On TV" products. Should be a hoot.

Saturday I've got a dress rehearsal for my sister's handbell choir (I'm helping with audio and video stuff), followed by yet another Christmas party.

Sunday is the handbell choir Christmas concert, and hopefully some downtime to just kick back and do nothing.
Sneakerz-Dec13-with%20Donnie%20800.jpg

Picking up the xmas tree finally tonight. Decorating that while a fire warms us along with some locally made libations. Tomorrow is the woodturner's meeting at Woodsmith then to my dad's shop to help him on some gifts and then out with SIL and BIL. Sunday will be shop clean up and watching the Packers game.

Got some friends coming up for the evening, so making prime rib!

Rest of the weekend will be staying warm, maybe some work work, maybe some music stuff.

• Continuing to take care of my wife's burns daily, plus she's being treated weekly by a plastic surgeon. She's back to work, but requires a special burn ointment with gauze bandaging on each finger & thumbs, plus cotton gloves to prevent against infection from "dirty" money - she works as a teller supervisor at a local credit union. Didn't realize how much doctors & nurses consider money as dirty in terms of potential infections. Second worse source is grocery stores according to the nurse.
  • 6"-10" of snow here as well. Got everything ready to go including the backup generator with plenty of gas. With the cold temps, the snow should be light making it easier to remove. Then again, snow is never easy to remove. ;)
  • Working on the marshmallow cross bows. Adding some changes as I go. Interesting & enjoyable little project. Making (2) of them for my daughter as Christmas gifts. With (2) she can set up "competitive encounters" & then toast the rest of the marshmallows. :thumb:
  • Probably will set up the Christmas tree this weekend as well.

Not too much going on this weekend. Snow expected and it's really cold. My furnace has been almost constantly on for 2 days :( I don't shovel or snow blow snow anymore. I have a son in law for that.

I'll have time to finish up the TV cabinet plus start on the crossbows. My grandsons will love them :thumb:

Sunday Church. Sunday dinner and maybe more shop time.

So happy to be free for a bit!! Pens posted, a few more to a friend just because. Mini peppermill tomorrow. Lots of cooking an decorating, cookies, tree, all the fun stuff!

Hauling in the 12' Christmas tree that has been sitting in water and tree saver on the back deck for several days just to make sure there are no squirrels. Then I will try and wrestle it up in the living room without breaking anything. Wrapping presents and getting boxes ready to ship. Got a few bottles of very good gluhwein to make it all feel happy, happy, happy.

Friday: Ran the half-blind DTs on the drawers for our queen size platform bed I'm building and sprayed sealer on the pieces for the drawer bottoms. LOML and I went out to dinner, then strolled downtown for a bit. Last night and tonight is "Victorian Christmas" where some folks dress in Victorian costume; we didn't but did enjoy hitting a few stores.

Saturday: Finish running the joinery on the drawers for the bed, then chill out for a while.

Sunday: Hopefully, chill out all day long!!!

Was on vacation today, but had to take my wife to work and go in for a video shoot at the institute. After that I ran to the local furniture/electronics borg and Cabelas. Bought a few xmas presents and a new universal remote for myself.

Tonight I'm doing a little on-line xmas shopping and trying to knock that list down some more. I have a new BS blade sitting on the counter and plan to cut out some reindeer tomorrow. Need to patch up the duct chase in the living room with some plate covers and such and get the house picked up for next weekend for my family's xmas.