Small roll top desk for a Granddaughter

ok bryan, i see your hiding that nice green spinny thing in the back ground with a fine piece of ash:) as for spraying the pigeon hole areas how will you do that? any special method?
also you mentioned post cat lacquer so you got some that you put in the catalyst when you want it for use? and finally you mentioned the 1.8 needle was that so you could spray full strength and not have it thinned some like you would possibly need on a 1.5 needle assembly
The 1/4" back of the pigeon holes is screwed on , so sprayed that separate. You always want to be able to remove the back for spraying or it blows back at you. I sprayed into each hole from front and from the back.
In an empty gallon can, I put in 1/2 a gallon and add 6 oz of catalyst as marked on the measuring cup for 1/2 gallon. I usually mix volumes of 1/4, or 1/2 gallon at a time. The desk required just under the 1/2 gallon, for 2-3 coats. I did add some thinner . The standard 1.3 tip is too slow spraying the Duravar lacquer. Dealer only had a 1.8 tip in stock, I was wanting to try a 1.5. The 1.8 seems about right for amount of flow.

i think she pretty much says it all bryan:) well done grandpa:) might try one of those myself but my GD is to little to appreciate one yet.. only 5yrs so will probally not get one from me i will be gone before then.

Larry, you should NEVER talk like that, you will be here to see your granddaughter grow up, so start making plans for her desk. I never thought I would be here this long either, but now I am determined to be here long enough to drive everybody nuts :rofl::rofl:

i think she pretty much says it all bryan:) well done grandpa:) might try one of those myself but my GD is to little to appreciate one yet.. only 5yrs so will probally not get one from me i will be gone before then.

if that's how you feel, that should be a driving force for you to build it now so she can have something from her grandpa and pass it along to her children.