A Fun Way For a Retired Guy to Pass the Time

I used to ttell the hygienists at my old dentist that the pain wasn't so bad because the Chinese tortured me in Korea. They generally believed it. One of the older gals looked at my chart and said, "You were a baby when Korea broke out!" So, I told her I was in the Infantry.

I think its funny.

but if I ever get to the point where retired life makes me go to walmart out of boredom, well, that's a place I don't want to be, ever in my life.
Not walmart, but going there out of boredom to look at people, and I guess he considers people at walmart losers, seems the way he made comments about people there.

yeah, I reread it, the kid was playing along the whole time, he figured the guy was looney tunes.
I guess the kid was offended that he was wearing a vet hat and wasn't a vet, maybe being a vet meant something to that kid, and he takes its meaning strongly.

its similar to when some 3 y/o shows you a self portrait he drew, and you say, wow, that's so beautiful! youre such an artist!
no harm done, no harm in playing along with a man who thinks he was in the war of 1812 in 1936, and then the guy sort of threatened the kid, so I guess the kid realizes wow, he is really deluded.

if some stranger asked me about do I have family and made a threat to them, I would have walked over to the sporting goods section, picked out a nice Louisville slugger and ended up in jail that day.

Last edited: