Saw Something Pretty Exciting Today

Paul Douglass

I was standing at my basement door, just let our two cats out. Saw a hawk coming and he took a dive at one of the cats. He picked the wrong one. The cat saw him coming and jumped straight up in the air to meet the hawk. At the last minute the hawk thought better of it and turned away. He messed with the wrong cat. This cat ate a hawk early this summer! The other cat, the hawk probably would have won.

That's cool. We had a hawk chasing a some smaller birds around the other day. I always like to see those guys in action.

My cat that hangs out in my shop is really nasty. My grand daughter calls him "Grumpy kitty" The hawks and owls totally avoid him even when I dress him up in a mouse suit and stick him outside.

Beamer is not really a grumpy cat, he loves people, and follows me around like a dog does, but he will not be intimidated by anything. Has no fear of my dobie. The dobie has great respect for him.

Beamer is not really a grumpy cat, he loves people, and follows me around like a dog does, but he will not be intimidated by anything. Has no fear of my dobie. The dobie has great respect for him.

He sounds a little like the cat I had a few years ago... he was all black and half siamese... he owned our lot... my son's friend that lived 3 doors down had a german shepard... Py would meet "Ceasar" at the lot line and "encourage" him to go back home.

When the house next door was being built, it had 3 different roofers come out and one couple brought their dog "Hondo"... he ran over and into my garage and I think surprised the cat... I heard him yelp and he headed back next door... the woman came over and said he had 3 bad scratches on his nose....