Myrna Passed Away 5:40 this a.m.

The title really says it all.

I am handling it much better than I thought I would. Most of that is because, over the years, Myrna and I have discussed what we would do and what we would need to do when the other passed away. It sounds cold, however, we fully realize that death is a part of life. For example, she wanted her body given to Loma Linda Medical School. I knew this. I had the phone number. I did not have to try and figure out what to do---we had already decided.

Myrna had a file folder that told us guys where all of the papers were filed, what bills would need to be paid, etc. I VERY STRONGLY recommend that all of you do these things. It makes it so much easier on the spouse who still lives and is not thinking too well at the moment. If you have not done it yet, DO IT NOW!

Glenn has been a tremendous help. Greg would have been also, however he and his son were sick and were invited to stay away so none of us would get it. We definitely did not need illness added on top of the other things to take care of.

I have had 67 years of living with a wonderful woman. I cannot get upset because nature acts like nature and terminates us all in death.

Thanks to all of you my friends,
JimB

Jim, I'm so sorry for you and your family's loss. Over the years hearing you speak of Myrna, I've felt I've gotten to know her though your stories about your life together. Your advice is appreciated and will be followed. We're here if you need to bend an ear.

Jim,

I am so very sorry. You are correct, having talked about it ahead of time and knowing what needed to be done is a great comfort. Having been there I know this. My thoughts, prayers, and sympathies go out to you and your family.

I am glad you have a plan and are able to move forward. In your many years together they are many memories. Cherish each of them. Share them with us if you are able and want to. So few relationships endure for such a long time. You know you have been very blessed. My sincere sympathies, Jim, and Glenn and Greg. You had a great Mom and wife for all I could see and hear. I know how hard it is to lose Mom. I was there just a couple of months ago. You are also blessed with your family here. Though we don't know Greg, we'll just adopt him. Know in your hearts we all care deeply.

Jim, my heart goes out to all three of you Bradley men. Based on what I've read here, it seems Myrna was a very special wife and mother. May the fond memories of your lives together fill any emptiness you may be feeling. We're here if you need anything.

Godspeed Myrna!

Thanks for the advice about preparing, I know I've thought long and hard about my situation being that I live in a foreign country and a foreign culture, have to think about it some more.

67 years, what a blessing! We all know it is coming and being prepared has to make it easier. Our condolences to you Jim and Glenn, also to your entire family.

Jim, my deepest sympathy for your loss.

At least you and Myrna prepared for the final step in logical ways. That is something all of us should do, but put on the back burner all too often. Bobbie and I need to make some updates to our wills, but took care of the living will part years ago. Two years ago, we went to the major local funeral home and bought cremation policies for both of us. Our instructions to each other and to our final administrator are clear. We want as many years as possible together, but we don't want any questions when the end comes.

Jim first let me say how sorry I am for your loss and I know you will cherish the memories. The advice on prior planning is great advice. Sherrie and I both have been having some conversation in this regard but need to put things down on paper. Prayers being said.