Tyre Grip spray

Never tried that, but my Dad used to swear that regular clorine bleach poured on the tire would do the same thing, I never tried it either but he claimed it worked. Probably not too good on the environment :dunno:

I am not sure how you use an aerosol can to spray the tread of a tire. The bottom is not available. On my car, the top 3/4 of the tire is close enough to the body that there isn't room for a spray can. Bottom line, I would need to jack up the car to apply - that isn't going to happen, especially in the winter snow.

I am glad I no longer live up North, but a bucket of sand or salt or kitty litter or whatever looks like a better idea to me.

This is what you really need:

Studded-Tires-355.jpeg

Maybe on snow blower wheels ????

Actually that is where I came across the link at, looking at snow blowers, was listed as an accessory.

I'm no chemical engineer, but here's the msds

http://www.homedepot.com/catalog/pdfImages/4f/4ff0750e-655e-4595-80d3-5d978ef62846.pdf

Looks like a bunch of petroleum stuff for propellant, and some rosin, some kind of citrus stuff, and an emulsifier surfactant.

Fun stuff. Some people claim it works on amazon and say they spray it on their shoes. But dang, that's one expensive can of stuff.

Yeah, I saw that, looks like it would cause the spray to be somewhat like bed-liner on your tires and perhaps give it some grip that way, like you're taking your sand with you.

This is what you really need:

Studded-Tires-355.jpeg

YIKES! :eek:

Last edited: