Larry send me his Anti-KIckback device

Bob Gibson

I'm sure you remember my post of last week when cabinet the door I was trimming on the table saw came back and nearly took off my head :eek:

Larry graciously suggested that it was not the best application for the TS I should of used a hand plane. My response was I didn't own a plane long enough to do the job and that I haven't really used one since high school.

This showed up in my mail the other day with a note telling me to get a nice cup of coffee, some scrap wood and relearn how to use it properly ;)

He did say that the frog needed fettling :eek: I'm not sure if he is telling me that I have a personal problem or if I need to do something to the plane :huh::D

Thanks Buddy, I vow to spend time this week playing with my new toy.

100_4561.jpg100_4560.jpg100_4559.jpg

Larry is seriously generous. Ball is in your court, Mr. Gibson. Keep us posted on your progress. There are folks here with fettling experience. They'll chime in.

Well Bob, it appears you may be due for a tune-up. Nothing personal. :rofl:

I also received a plane from Larry as a "mail gift" shortly after I joined FWW. It was a total surprise. Larry seems to have a knack for this. :thumb: I have "fiddled" with the plane & found out I needed to "fettle the frog", yet as much as I looked & listened I couldn't find a frog...... anywhere. I even tried using a little red rag, but nothing. :huh: Finally I decided to Google "fettle frog" & ended up with http://www.jimdavey-planes-sharpening.com/42e7fbb9-7023-43f4-8964-52a10966c65e.aspx & http://www.jimdavey-planes-sharpening.com/42e7fbb9-7023-43f4-8964-52a10966c65e.aspx . Now I know where to find the frog. :rofl:

Good luck & enjoy your frog, errr your tool, errr your plane. It's so confusing! :rofl:

somewhere in the midst there was instructions as to the warruntee,, something to the fact that you were to show shavings with it before the new year arrives:) and to show a square edge