Well the woodworker hotel is occupied:)

larry merlau

well i got a call yesterday, around 10:30am asking if there were any vacancies in the inn:) as always i said sure come on in:) so about 8:30 pm, Dave Hawksford and his wife Shelly arrived,, has been to long of a time since i have been able to pick on Shelly,, she is a good sport and will stand up to my banter each and every time,, makes life fun:)
so they will be here for awhile this am and then will head to Iowa to see there son.. but even a short stop over is a good stop over:)

proof that there really is a santa clause,, this what he brought us:)
IMGP6329.jpg

Last edited:
Shelly and Dave were a hoot! For all of you that met Dave at Larry's, Shelly is a riot to be around. (Larry warned me!) It was good to see Dave again and meet Shelly for the first time. If all goes well, maybe she'll make it back here this coming summer. Thanks for sharing them Randi and Larry!

yup, sometimes our spouses tend to be similar to ourselves as time goes by.. shelly was great when i first met her and when she showed up here, i told her she could come back again.. she grinned and said i didnt have a choice in the matter:)

Thanks Ken.
Guy's we are in the deep freeze !!! Iowa ! I am reminded why I do not do the north and why I never did the ice road. Thos is like korea. Oh ya, that was just like Iowa. Cold!

We made it back home last night around 10:30 traveled in heavy snow flurries from Ohio to western Md. Took Jake to his girl friends mom's home in Chicago and stayed a few days. We saw a lot of the city and did an architectural tour , it's very interesting how the town was rebuilt after the fire. Pizza and Ribs there are great.