Scroll Saw Blades

Garry Foster

So the new Dewalt 788 showed up today. Un packed and on the bench but doesn't come with a single blade. I can probablly find a few locally and my son is bringing some back I gave him when I gave him the griz...

So the question is

Any place where I can buy a good assortment of blades to get started with.
Or do I just have to do my home work and order buy the specific blade..
Thanks..

Thanks for the tip. I wish I had seen this posting about a month ago! I just finished what for me was a very ambitious marquetry project. I used 2/0 Olson blades because they were the only 2/0 blades I could find. They worked ok, but I kept wondering if there was a better blade out there. I also noticed that Mike sells the corresponding drill bits.

Charlie

Welcome to the family Charlie!!! Got questions…..ask away. I doubt there are many questions about woodworking that the collective experience of this forum can’t answer for you. Please post some pics of your projects. We’d love to see them.

I am a little late in this but thanks to those that suggest the flying Dutchman for blades. I got what is more than likely a life time supply for me and have been very happy with them...
I didn't realize I never really thanked you guys..
A very late thank you!

Garry

Actually, Mike retired last year and sold his business to Wooden Teddy Bear (WTD) out of Portland, Ore. Part of the deal WTD would keep Mike's Workshop open and they have. They also sell Flying Dutchman blades from the WTD site. At the "Mike's site you can mix sizes of blades of the same type to get a gross discount. Shipping from "Mike's" is cheaper than from WTD, however at WTD you can mix any blades regardless of type to get the gross discount. Last time I ordered I wanted different types so I priced what it would cost at Mikes against WTD and even though the shipping is more, I saved a little over $6 ordering from WTD. Not the case if I wanted a gross or more of the same type, which is normally what what I want. Sooo, it pays to price both places to see.

You are going to get great service at either place just like Mike always gave.

AND, HEY, with all you people worrying scroll saw blades, how come I don't see more scrolling posted here. I get so lonesome......

Last edited: