It's Friday! - 12/27/2013 Edition

Darren Wright

Administrator
Staff member
Last one of 2013 too! I spent the day with my buddy Mike, who was my best man. He and family were in town and I haven't seen him in a couple of years. Had a great afternoon having lunch and catching up. Got home and installed the new bridge saddle in my guitar that had the pre-amp installed this week, assembled the iBox Jig, and played around with some music software and toys.

2013-12-27 16.47.16.jpg 2013-12-27 18.28.21.jpg 2013-12-27 18.55.32.jpg

Tomorrow I'm thinking about starting to remove the windows in the sun room and get framing/drywall done to move the TV to its new location. May start pulling up carpet as well.

What's everyone else got going?

Think this is going to being a Saturday log. Friday is nearly gone! :) I am tidying up paperwork for the end of the year. And drawing eyebrow windows in Sketchup. Daydreaming for maybe housebuilding some day.

Slapped together a pedal board today.

Need to do some more firebreak clearing over the weekend.

Too darn cold to get much done in the shop!

pedalboard.jpg

Today, Saturday, I'll be continuing to work on parts of the queen-size platform bed I've building for what seems like forever - closing in on the end of it, though. I'm also doing bits and pieces on the burial flag and medal display case for FIL. I started cutting pieces for a table saw extension storage area, also, As if those aren't enough projects, we bought tile to do the back splash walls in our kitchen, so I'm laying out what's needed for trim, etc., in my "spare time"!!!

Sunday WILL be a day of rest!!!!!

My daughter returns to Manhattan tomorrow, so we are looking to spend more time with her. So, we are planning our days around her after sharing her with relatives over the Christmas holidays. Only get to see her about once every 2-3 months.

Got some heavy lifting to do today, and some able twentysomethings to bear a hand. Supposed to go up to +3 this afternoon, so maybe some outdoor "above freezing" jobs too, like pressure washing the big mower and finally putting it away.
Then, I wonder if 5 days is too soon for another round of lobster :D
Got some office jobs looming too. My old IT account shuts down Dec 31, so have some stuff to save.

Still riding a roller-coaster chain of events. Hope for some shop time today; short bouts in the shop are the surest way of keeping me sane through times of non-woodworking overload :D