Shop Standing Desk and Music Organizer

Wish back in the day, I would of thought of the rack/shelve idea like you have going...I had everything close at hand with this set-up{pic below} but felt too confined and practically ate up all of my workspace. I messed up on the model number of my Yamaha, it was an 'EZ-30', must of confused it with my PA at the time{Yamaha EMX 660}.
I had mounted my keyboard as shown as simply a storage spot, but found that I could still use it{with my limited skills lol} as it hung there.
mini-pix 004.jpg
Enjoying watching you progress thru this! :thumb:

That's a pretty well organized setup though, I like it. :thumb:

Today, between playing mechanic and dealing with mice in the shop, I knocked out the keyboard tray/mixer pullout.

2014-01-04 12.28.42.jpg2014-01-04 12.28.56.jpg

I decided to try out the ibox jig today too, figured this would be a better solution than just rabbets in the corners. I did 1/2" fingers on the back of the lower drawer, changed to 1/4" on the fronts and upper pull-out since the sides were narrower.
2014-01-04 13.54.29.jpg2014-01-04 13.54.34.jpg

Found I need to do some more homework on the widths that will work well with different finger sizes.

Also found a good solution for holding up my glides as I screwed them in.
2014-01-04 18.51.08.jpg

The finished piece.
2014-01-04 18.53.30.jpg

Installed, may pull it back out and paint it, but supposed to drop to the single digits tonight, so may be a while.
2014-01-04 19.37.01.jpg2014-01-04 19.37.14.jpg2014-01-04 19.37.31.jpg

Cool! Does the drawer lock in the "Out" position?

Not yet, but either they were very cold or the fit was a bit tight, they are pretty stiff pulling in/out, so may not need a lock.

Looking great...What's the height of the keyboard based on? Sitting or standing? Personally I would set it up for sitting use, it's a scary visual of me gyrating while playing :eek::D

Around 32" to the drawer, so around 33"-34" to the keys. I've got a 24" stool that was for sitting at it on it's old stand, I set it around the same height as it. It's not uncomfortable to play standing either though.

That looks like it will get the job done very nicely. Looks like no problems with the I-Box either. Did it live up to your expectations?
The iBox as a pleasure to use. The joints were very tight though, had to use a wood mallet and block to drive them together. So need to spend some time messing with it to see what adjustments I can make to make them "slide" together a little easier. I did like the repeat-ability of it, I had two sides that were about 3/8" too long and had to cut those fingers off, put the blades back on the saw, and re-cut them. The iBox was already set for that width and hadn't moved the height of the blade, though setting the height would have been easy enough.