Bowls

Well it has been a while since I have posted. I have been fighting some eye issues and it has been frustrating. Anyway finally have a appointment to do a eval on getting surgery done in Feb for cataracts. Makes it tough when everything is like looking thru a cloud. Anyway enough about that. I did get some turning in and not orders for Christmas. Finished turning 2 sets of cored bowls. They are almost the same size. 11 1/2" Dia X 4 1/2" High for the big one, 8 1/2" D X 3" H next smaller, and the smallest is 5 3/4" D X 1 3/4" H. All are finished with antique oil. One set is cherry and the other set is maple. Had to have the wife come out and look to see if I got all the sanding and tool marks out of them.:rofl:

Attachments

• Cherry bowls 1.jpg
    Cherry bowls 1.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 38
  • Maple bowls 1.jpg
    Maple bowls 1.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 34
That's some good lookin' bowl work Bernie! Good luck with the eyes...that surgery is amazing and fast. Happy New Year!

They look great Bernie. Good to see you here again. I'm looking through clouds too....maybe next year. Good luck with your surgery and hurry back.

Those are some mighty fine looking bowls, Bernie!

Cataract surgery is pretty routine, so don't worry about it. Both of my eyes needed new lenses last year and it was amazing what I wasn't seeing before.

As to your wife checking your sanding, etc., the best test of whether I'm really finished with something is to have my wife give it the once (or twice) over. She can see and feel stuff before I do!

Bernie, I've wondered where you've been. I always look forward to seeing all your mini bird houses around Christmas time. Great looking bowls. The finish really makes the grain "POP".

Nice work for a guy with blurry vision. :thumb: I can only imagine what you'll be capable of once the docs get things cleared up. ;)

Thanks guys it means a lot to me. Yes I was really apprehensive when they told me but I know a lot of people have this done. Most of them said you will be amazed at what you have been missing and the clarity even with the help with glasses is amazing. I had to laugh on a clock service call the other day the little old lady must have been 83 or 84 said it made her mad as hell. She said the paperwork took over a hour to complete then a 1/2 hr prep then took 5 1/2 minutes to do the procedure.:rofl:

Oh and Tom I did make a bunch of birdhouses. I will see about posting some for you. Thanks again all and we wish each and everyone of you a Happy Healthy New Year. Now I had better go get ready to take the loml out to dinner for our 46th anniversary.:D

Those are nice Bernie!

I like the sets like this a lot, they really make a nice bundle - kind of pushes for a center saver one of these days (but just don't do enough bowls most of the time so justify it .. yet..).