Weather in your neck of the woods?

Well, just got in from doing evening chores. School has been cancelled for tomorrow. Dr appointment for Tuesday I changed Friday for 2-4-14. Threw two wagon loads of wood into the shed yesterday, put out round bales for calves, bedded the pigs and goats and outside dog and horses. Watered and coiled all hoses. Put the rear blade on the Oliver. So thanks to my son in law Josh for his help yesterday.
Back to the weather. Trudged from the house to the horse barn, snow is level to the tops of my MUCK boots. East side of anything is knee to hip deep from drifting. Winds are now 20+ mph. Currently 28F feels like 13F. Low tomorrow is supposed to be -18, 28 will feel like a heatwave!! Typical winter, weather channel making it sound like the end of the world. At least with the weather channel I have an idea that it won't last for a week or a month. Next Friday is supposed to be in the high 20's again. So, how's the weather in your neck of the woods?

Embarrassing to say the least down here Jon. Weather guessers have been crying since Thursday about this massive storm. So far rain all day, probably 1 1/2 of it so far. Temp is still 37 and has been there all day. Hearing snow has started to the west by about 45 miles, so we will see I guess.

If the Weather guys don't stop all this preaching about the doom someone is going to really get hurt one of these days. Eventually folks will just quit listening and get hammered by a twister or ice storm.

-2 tonight and 50 for the high Friday. Does it get any better than this?

Well Jon, the 3.5" of snow we got the day before yesterday has melted due to our 42º temp today, But tomorrow the high is supposed to be 2º we had rain today that got rid of the snow. Tuesday the temp is going to be 13º so they are saying, so it is going to get better and by Friday we are supposed to be about 45º, so we are having a wild swing in these parts. We never know what it will be this time of the year.

Nice today. High of 70° but a little cloudy. Low tonight is forecast to be 49, with a high tomorrow of 45 - interesting! We have a 30% chance of rain Monday along with a 16% chance of snow!!! Low Monday forecast to be 20 - plumb cold for us folks! Another sub-freezing night Tuesday, then back into the 70s during the day by the weekend. All this back-and-forth can play havoc with a person's health!

come on up bill, we got room and can easily come get you at the air port,, we are used to this fluffy stuff, huh tom:)

Absolutely, we will even share the snow with ya:)

Tom, I showed you picture to Parchment girl and she said you can keep it.

Tell her hi from me:wave: And it is up another inch or so since then:D (Yes I am one of those weird ones that like this:p)

Mostly cold here, 12 now, we got a dusting of snow 1" or so, but it's cold enough that it keeps drifting rather than sticking in place. Just got back from the store and you'd think that the world has ended. Supposed to be -9 tonight. My daughter will probably be stuck at her job since the boys she watches probably wont have school tomorrow, at least she'll get some overtime. Supposed to be in the mid 40's by the end of the week though.

Well Jon I'm probably only about 100 miles south of you so not a huge difference in temperature, and just a nit less snow. Been clearing the drive all day just to keep the wet snow from building up, then freezing when it hits 15 below tonight which would make it more difficult to move with the snow thrower... aw, what the heck, I just enjoy being out in awhile and that was my excuse. I lived in the county nearby for 15 years, and it's totally different in town... I don't envy you having to do the chores in this weather. I actually enjoyed the challenge of getting around in the snow, but didn't care for taking care of the two horses.

We've been down to -20C this week, but we're hovering about 0 right now. Then we are going to have a few days with overnight lows close to -20. then we're in for a couple weeks ofabove 0 in the day, below 0 at night. January weather! We'll have some more freezing rain, and probably more branches falling off trees and taking out power lines. Where I live our power travels undergroound, but other parts of the city and the province aren't so lucky. Toronto had a bad time in the last couple of weeks (Handled professionally by Mayor Ford, you didn't hear about that on Letterman) and some areas just got their power back last Tuesday after a week. We don't need that again. Freezing rain does much more damage here than snow.

Today was a truly sparkling winter day, blue sky and sunshine, 2 or 3 degrees above freezing. Great for playing outside and doing some "thaw day" jobs, like you were doing Jon.
Tomorrow we're on the warm side of a system from down south, so +10 or 12C and rain.
The coffee shop crowd was complaining the other day, someone snapped: "it's only winter, not Kandahar, get over it". The subject changed.

Jon if we had that kind of weather here DC would be at a stand still for a week or more. But right now there all freaking out over the single digit's coming Tuesday. O well life goes on.

35° and raining here. Supposed to be -5° by morning, rain to snow, but only a few inches accumulation. Forecast is for -23° overnight Mon~Tues, and they've already cancelled most of the schools until Wednesday!

With rain/ice under the snow, morning driving tomorrow ought to be a lot of fun. I don't have to be anywhere, so likely won't leave the property tomorrow.

Sunny, but a bit breezy here in ABQ. Forecast is dry, with highs in the lower 60s and lows in the upper teens. The snow from a couple of weeks ago has mostly disappeared from the west face of the mountains, but the east side (and north-facing slopes) still have snow. Here in town, though, it's been real comfortable for the past couple of weeks.