Butler's Pantry Built-in

Bob Kovacs

Morning, All-

First post here, so I thought I'd start with my latest project. The boss wanted a built-in to replace the butler's pantry that we had in our previous house, so I built this 8' long unit. It's birch ply and pine face frames, built in my new barn/shop using a bunch of Festool equipment. I've done quite a few of these in the past, and am now starting to get into smaller stuff like wine racks, and hope to start doing wine stoppers, and other salable items.

Butler's Pantry.jpg

Very nice work, Bob. It's easy to tell you've been doing this woodworking thing for a while now. ;)

And welcome to the Family. :wave:

Very nice work, Bob. It's easy to tell you've been doing this woodworking thing for a while now. ;)

Yeah, I've messed around with woodworking since high school, and always had some tools/projects since. It wasn't until about 2 years ago that I got back into it seriously after buying a bunch of Festool stuff that I had to justify with finished product ;) . We just moved recently to a new house on 4 acres that has an 1,800sf barn, so now I've got plenty of shop space. I'm only using a 12'x24' room in there for the woodworking so far, but have another 400sf or so freeing up soon once I get a few horse stalls torn out. That'll give me plenty of room to work, as the current space gets a little tight when you've got all those cab boxes going together.

Nope- it's the pre-finished stuff from Home Depot- $20/sheet for 4'x8' sheets, about 3/16" thick. The finish that comes on it has a little bit of a texture to it (not high gloss), so it takes paint very well.

Sounds like the stuff I used in our kitchen/dinning room. Was like a masonite material.

Dining_room.jpg Image00001.jpg

Sounds like the stuff I used in our kitchen/dinning room. Was like a masonite material.

Yup- that's the stuff. There used to be another version that was more like MDF that was thicker (1/4" maybe) and unfinished, but it was a bear to get a decent paint finish on- you could never get all the grooves to fill in nice and smooth unless you sprayed it. I'll stick with this stuff.